The IntuVue® RDR-4000 3D Weather Radar System is the first clean sheet radar design for nearly 30 years. Representing a significant development in radar technology, the IntuVue family offers a host of advantages over existing market offerings and addresses some of the key limitations of 2D weather radar design.
As the global climate continues to change, and weather conditions become more variable, the need for an advanced weather detection radar is of paramount importance. Airline operators are looking for a solution that can provide greater passenger and crew safety and comfort, increased efficiency, and enhanced performance through better strategic and tactical decision making, and reduced pilot workload throughout all phases of a flight.
> CLICK TO VIEW CASE STUDY
The IntuVue family of weather radars:
- Enables quicker rerouting - longer-range weather hazard detection predicts where the worst convective weather is located within a storm. This allows pilots to deviate from their flight paths only when necessary, and plot optimal courses through or around foul weather.
- Reduces pilot workload - the radar automatically and continuously scans the airspace -80 to +80 degrees in front of the aircraft, from 0 to 60,000ft and up to 320nm ahead.
- Enhances decision-making - intuitive displays provided by greater data storage and processing power highlight areas of predicted hail and lightning threats with >90% accuracy.
- Provides greater safety - by using the most advanced predictive windshear and MOPS certified enhanced turbulence detection and alerting capability.
- Continues to evolve - our team of expert engineers are currently working on a series of enhancements to expand the hazard display concept, including Long range two-level turbulence display, Cell tracking and High Altitude Ice Crystal Detection.