LED Dual-Mode Red/IR Anti-Collision Light for the CH-47
Developing new technologies for something as legendary as Boeing’s CH-47 Chinook helicopter is no easy task. However, at Honeywell we love a good challenge – so we accepted it. Meet our new LED anti-collision lights (ACL) designed to upgrade the legacy Xenon anti-collision lights on the CH-47.
Honeywell has an unparalleled experience of more than 20 years of developing LED lights for the exterior of aircraft, with products amassing over three billion LED flight-hours. Honeywell LED products undergo rigorous testing to ensure they meet advertised performance and the minimum light output required by regulatory agencies for anti-collision lighting installed on aircraft.
Benefits of the Honeywell Led Dual-Mode Red/IR Anti-Collision Lights
Our lighting technologies are all about making aircraft safer and easier to manage for pilots and controllers. The new LED anti-collision lights from Honeywell are a natural upgrade from the obsolete white Xenon lights, featuring dual-mode infrared that increases aircraft recognition and boosts photometric life.
As this is a drop-in replacement, aircraft operators do not have to modify their CH-47 platform to upgrade it to this new ACL IR capability. This eliminates the need for additional person-hours, reduces aircraft downtime and improves overall efficiency.
Key Honeywell Advantages:
- No aircraft modification (wiring changes for the Dual Mode version only)
- Provides aircraft safety and recognition and reduces operator costs
- LEDs increase photometric life up to 40,000 hours (40x improvement over Xenon)
- 65% weight reduction per system
- Reduced power consumption by 52%
- Reduced drag
- Robust environmental protection
- No scheduled maintenance
- Replaceable LED module
- Replaceable lens assembly
- Replaceable power-printed board
- IR Mode Pilot Selectable Patterns (Capability)
Customers who need support should email aerotechsupport@Honeywell.com.