SmartRunway and SmartLanding
SmartRunway and SmartLanding
The next evolution of RAAS, SmartRunway and SmartLanding, is a software option for the Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System (EGPWS), that increases flight crew situational awareness during taxi, take-off and landing and promotes stabilized approaches.
SmartRunway and SmartLanding provides the alerts you need to approach the most challenging airports with confidence.
Landing an airliner or business jet full of passengers is a huge responsibility, especially when you’re faced with adverse conditions like turbulence, brutal crosswinds, mountainous terrain and busy airspaces.
Airline pilots flying into popular destinations like New York, San Diego and Washington, D.C., often have difficult approaches because of their busy airspace. LaGuardia Airport is one of three airports around New York City, so pilots must negotiate multiple runways with many jets landing in quick succession. San Diego International’s busy and steep approach brings pilots right over the city skyline. And flying into Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport in Washington, D.C., requires navigating around several no-fly zones and executing a 30- to 40-degree turn close to the Potomac River to line up with the runway.
And business jet pilots aren't immune either! Your passengers’ most popular destinations have the most stressful landing and takeoff conditions. Rifle Garfield County Airport in Colorado, and Bert Mooney Airport in Butte, Montana, have challenges like high density altitude, short runways, box canyons, limited airspace with dense traffic, and extreme weather conditions – a nasty combination. White knuckles for sure.
There is a better approach with SmartRunway and SmartLanding
The next evolution of Honeywell’s Runway Awareness and Advisory System - RAAS, SmartRunway and SmartLanding are software options for the Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System (EGPWS) which increase flight crew situational awareness during taxi, take-off and landing.
Another key feature of SmartRunway and SmartLanding is the addition of visual messaging to the capabilities of RAAS, providing pilots with timely information and a quieter cockpit environment.
Key benefits of SmartRunway and SmartLanding include:
- Decreases the risk of runway incursions and excursions
- Increases runway situational awareness and more stabilized approaches
- Supports ‘heads-up’ operations with aural advisories
- Supports ‘quiet’ cockpits with visual advisories
- Configurable to fit operating environment requirements
- Inhibit switches are optional
- Certified for most Airbus and Boeing aircraft, as well as numerous business aviation platforms, including aircraft with Primus 1000 / 2000 avionics
- Simple software installation – aircraft doesn’t require Honeywell avionics for RAAS, SmartRunway or SmartLanding, but must have an EGPWS MK V, MK V-A, MK VII installed. (Note: Only RAAS is available on Primus Epic-equipped aircraft.)
Click on the Sales form or contact your authorized Honeywell dealer to determine if a supplemental type certificate (STC) or service bulletin exists for your aircraft.