Primus Epic Block 3 Upgrade for Gulfstream G650/G650ER
The Primus Epic Block 3 upgrade for Gulfstream G650/G650ER delivers new features and functionality providing advanced situational awareness and cost-saving benefits for in-service G650 aircraft.
- New Advanced Graphics Modules
- Provides four times the terrain resolution andenhanced, gamma corrected color sets
- Night Mode Charts
- Enabled either manually via the chart task menu or automatically selected on initial power-up while on ground
- Based on day or nighttime at the own-ship position
- Two-thirds display option for Synthetic Vision on PFD
- Next Generation Flight Management System (NG-FMS) update
- Latest FMS – new core software baseline
- Communication Management Function (CMF) version 3.1
- Supports ATN B1 (Link 2000+ mandate)
- Overall performance enhancements with software optimization
- Timer updates to improve ADS-C operation
- Alerting message additions and modifications
- Localizer Performance (LP) Approaches
- Typically Provides reduced minima over LNAV approaches where LPV is not available
- Two-dimensional (2D) Airport Moving Maps(AMM)
- Requires new database subscription
- ADS-B In Cockpit Display of Traffic Information (CDTI) of airborne and surface traffic
- Situational Awareness (SA) Package
- Three-dimensional (3D) Airport Moving Maps (AMM)
- ADS-B In Visual Separation on Approach (VSA)
- Synthetic Vision System (SVS) enhanced symbology
- Predictive Landing Performance System
- Runway Overrun Awareness & Alerting System (ROAAS)
- Autopilot Coupled TCAS (AP TCAS)
- Predictive Weather Hazards
- Lightning and hail
- XM Weather update
- Additional eight new weather products with updated XM receiver
Situational Awareness Package
Situational Awareness Package is part of the value-added optional features of Block 3. It activates a collection of new features to increase situational awareness in flight and on the ground to provide safer operation in high traffic areas.
The situational awareness package’s main feature is the addition of 3D airport moving maps (AAM). The AAM is presented on the primary flight display (PFD) in an egocentric or exocentric view which aids in orientation and is aimed solely at improving position awareness during ground operations.
This includes view of runways, aprons, hotspots, terrain and it complements 2D AAM. The situational awareness package aids ADS-B In by adding visual separation on approach (VSA), allowing the crew to see traffic earlier while maintaining visual contact behind the traffic on approach. This allows the crew to carefully monitor and follow an aircraft on approach in high volume air traffic control (ATC) environments.
ADS-B In Visual Separation on Approach (VSA)
ADS-B In cockpit display of traffic information (CDTI) of airborne and surface traffic gives the flight crew the position of nearby ADS-B aircraft and ground vehicles on the 2D AMM display on the flight deck multifunction display (MFD).
In the air, CDTI provides a graphical depiction of airborne ADS-B intruder information relative to own-ship along with support information. This information assists the pilots in integrating radio communications with visually acquired aircraft and ADS-B surveillance information.
Synthetic Vision System (SVS) enhanced symbology
Two-thirds display of the synthetic vision system (SVS) provides the option to configure the PFD in either a full or Two-thirds view of SVS allowing a sharing of other critical flight information on the PFD. This feature is also part of the baseline standard feature and fix set.
Predictive Landing Performance System
Predictive Landing Performance System includes the integration of Honeywell’s Runway Overrun Awareness & Alerting System (ROAAS). Predictive Landing Performance System was a 2019 Aviation Week Laureate Award for innovation in safety awarded to Gulfstream and Honeywell ROAAS development team. Predictive Landing Performance System provides enhanced energy awareness to the crew on short final and during landing and roll out.
It also reduces the risk of runway excursions during landing by increasing crew situational awareness of an unstable approach or potential overrun situation, aids in the land or go-around decision alerting the crew when deceleration is required during a landing roll out and provides a real time display of estimated stopping point relative to the runway end using both aural and visual alerts. Prerequisites for Predictive Landing Performance System are Gulfstream ASC 005A –RAAS, and ASC 125 HUD Software Update.
Autopilot Coupled TCAS (AP TCAS)
Autopilot Coupled TCAS provides automation of the collision avoidance maneuvers by integrating Traffic-Alert Collision Avoidance System (TCAS) with the autopilot. The system performs automatic evasive maneuvers in response to TCAS Resolution Advisories (RAs) by controlling the aircraft pitch axis through the autopilot. The feature does not alter the existing TCAS function so that TCAS RA indications and associated procedures are unaffected when the AP TCAS option is not installed. The feature does not affect the active lateral guidance.
Predictive Weather Hazards
The G650/G650ER aircraft are equipped with the Honeywell IntuVue RDR-4000 3D automatic weather system. The Predictive Weather Hazards addition to this system enables extended range of turbulence detection from 40nm to 60nm and allow predictive hail and lightning display using REACT technology. Predictive hail and lightning enable earlier and more effective re-routing decisions and improve capability to avoid turbulence / convective weather. A patented analysis technique allows the RDR-4000 to evaluate the 3D weather data to accurately determine which cells are likely to produce hail. When compared to ground-based sensors, Honeywell studies show a better than 90%correlation with proprietary lightning detection algorithms used by the RDR-4000 in predicting lightning typically 5 -10 minutes before it actually occurs.
XM Weather update
XM Weather Update – Eight new weather products are added under ASC 008B and are packaged and priced with these new advanced weather features. XM Wx data is uplinked streaming data updated automatically with no request required from the aircraft. XM Wx provides a continuous weather broadcast datalink over the continental United States (CONUS). Block 3 XM Wxrequires an updated XM weather radar receiver (4092743-901) as a prerequisite, which includes baseline and eight additional features. There is no charge to upgrade from the -901 to the required 4092743-903 receiver.