Air Turbine System
Air Turbine System
Honeywell’s air turbine system technologies provide reliable, highly efficient engine starting performance to lower the costs of ownership.
Honeywell is the leading producer of air turbine start system (ATSS) technology for gas turbine aircraft engines. Our ATSS consists of an air turbine starter and the starter air valve. Together, these components convert pneumatic (air) energy to mechanical torque that turns the engine until it reaches ignition speed.
We offer more than 165 ATSS options for commercial and military fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters, and have produced 10s of thousands of systems for all kinds of aircraft over the last half-century.
The Honeywell ATSS offers a solution that provides:
- Lower cost of ownership, through features like share lube breach containment, which reduces maintenance costs.
- Greater safety. Our high-temperature containment feature improves worker safety and reduces chances of damage to the engine and other components.
- Unequaled reliability. Honeywell ATS systems have an unparalleled record of reliability and the best meantime between unscheduled removal numbers in the industry, helping to reduce delays, cancelations and unplanned maintenance.
- Small size and weight. Our unique design enables an ATSS solution that is small and lightweight, enabling the industry’s highest horsepower-to-weight ratios.
Leveraging a history if innovation and reliability, Honeywell engineers are working today to create a new generation of ATS systems that will be even smaller, lighter, smarter, more reliable and more connected:
- Notable achievements over the past 30+ years
- MTBUR Greater than 60,000 hours(LEAP ATS)
- Multiple options to mitigate Bowed Rotor to shorten turn time between flights
- Containment: Robust containment capability via our containment ring
- First Shared Lubrication Start System
- First “3D” Turbine Blades