Your browser is not supported.
For the best experience, please access this site using the latest version of the following browsers:
By closing this window you acknowledge that your experience on this website may be degraded.
High Frequency Voice / Datalink
High Frequency Voice/ Datalink
The first fully-certified high-frequency datalink system offers the latest state-of-the-art design and technology.
- Compatible Aircraft
High frequency (HF) voice communications have long been a standard form of air ground communication for commercial aviation and are the only practical means of long-range and over-water aeronautical communication for most of today's air transport fleet. Datalink provides automatic frequency management and dramatically improved performance with forward error correction capabilities.
Cost and time savings provide reductions in:
• Acquisition and message cost compared to satellite communications
• Pilot workload - saves time and improves efficiency
• Message transmission time decreased from less than three seconds from more than one minute
• Channel access time decreased from less than a minute from up to ten minutes
• Procedural change and operational training for flight crew
• Single worldwide service provider means easier billing
Additionally, HF datalink provides these benefits:
• Data relieves congestion on voice frequencies
• Automatic selection of frequency and data rates
• Voice is prone to human errors and interpretation
• Data detects errors and automatically retransmits
• Data extracts signals in noisier environments (3dB/10dB)
• Increased HF traffic capability, assured communication link
• Automatic air/ground HF linkage with improved voice/data quality
• Datalink messages are not written or verbal language sensitive and have true world-wide communication capability