Your browser is not supported.
For the best experience, please access this site using the latest version of the following browsers:
By closing this window you acknowledge that your experience on this website may be degraded.
Mark V-A EGPWS
Mark V-A EGPWS
Positioned for growth, the Mark V-A enhanced ground proximity warning system (EGPWS) minimizes risks and maximizes reaction time by constantly and unobtrusively monitoring terrain and obstacles in proximity of the aircraft. Incorporating a faster processor and increased memory, with Ethernet outputs available to support advance displays, the Mark V-A is the newest EGPWS in the family.
- Compatible Aircraft
The Mark V-A enhanced ground proximity warning system (EGPWS) is a replacement for the popular Mark V EGPWS. The Mark V-A is certified to the new terrain awareness and warning system (TAWS) technical standard order (TSO) C151c.
The Mark V-A was designed to use the same rack and connector as the Mark V, minimizing installation design considerations. The Mark V-A comes in three versions, 115Vac, 28Vdc, and 115Vac, depending on your aircraft requirements.
Positioned for growth, the Mark V-A incorporates a faster processor and increased memory, with Ethernet outputs available to support advance displays. Installers can use the existing Mark V program pins or select configuration options via a loadable database. Using configuration options like the aircraft personality module (APD) or option selection software (OSS), the pins previously used by the Mark V become available for use as additional input or output channels, further supporting future growth.
Improving on the Mark V, the Mark V-A utilizes a higher resolution terrain database, allows terrain database and software updates via either USB or Ethernet and benefits from a 15 percent weight reduction and 25 percent increase in reliability, or mean time between failures (MTBF).
- Honeywell's reactive wind shear alerting provides visual and aural warnings of impending wind shear.
- The geometric altitude algorithm overcomes barometric altimetry limitations, like cold weather operations.
- Honeywell’s peaks display depicts the highest and lowest elevation terrain within the display range at any altitude, when most TAWS displays would be blank, which can be useful in the event of an unplanned descent.
- The runway field clearance floor (RFCF) feature provides protection against inadvertent landings below airport runway thresholds at airports that are much higher than surrounding terrain.
- The vertical situation display (VSD) provides altitude awareness in relation to the terrain, as well as an aircraft trend vector.
- Our radar autotilt® feature allows the EGPWS to provide terrain elevation data to compatible radars for controlling the tilt of the radar antenna during its scan.
- The Mark V-A also hosts SmartRunway and SmartLanding functions to enable protection against runway incursions and excursions.
- Using envelope modulation, Honeywell’s Mark V-A reduces the rate of nuisance alarms to increase pilot confidence.
- The Mark V-A has auto pop-up to change from radar to terrain display in the event of a terrain alert, reducing pilot workload during this critical time.
- The Mark V-A features altitude callouts of height above terrain or field elevation during final approach.