Honeywell’s New T55 Upgrade - The 714c
- Next-generation T55 is easier to maintain with lower operating costs and increased readiness for the warfighter.
- Doubles the operating range for ‘high, hot and heavy’ missions at max payload.
- Engine modernization program fully-funded by Honeywell.
- 6,000-shp class engine is 20% more powerful and consumes 8% less fuel than current T55
- Incorporates considerable maintainer feedback, including many lessons from the current CH-47 engine
✔ Increased power, efficiency, durability, reliability and maintainability.
✔ Battle tested engine comes equipped with high sand tolerance.
✔ "Drop-in" enhancement for the T55-714A with very minor aircraft changes for deployment flexibility.
✔ Responsive to U.S. Army maintainer feedback, converting on lessons from current CH-47 engine.
✔ Upgrade Kit easily installable during overhaul. Customers can also choose a new production engine.
✔ Affordable - 50% less cost than other engine upgrade options.
Want to talk to our engine team or receive our T55-714C white paper?
Featured Posts & News
Watch our videos and learn more about Chinook and our advanced turboshaft engine
Want To Know More About Defense?
Sign up to be alerted when Honeywell's publishing something new.