An innovative design approach produces optimal results for missions that demand high data rates and standards.
Honeywell offers a family of flexible high efficiency downlink products to the space market. The subsystem includes an innovative downlink transmitter with flexible coding modulation and output power.
The X-band downlink module addresses the mission requirements of small and medium spacecraft for Lower Earth Orbit (LEO) missions and we have the option of an external deep space rejection filter, more details in the ‘resources section’.
The product architecture is based in an innovative design approach that uses flexible Software-defined radio (SDR) functionality and has been optimized for small to medium size missions that demand high data rates and established PA standards.
Key Honeywell Advantages:
- Optimized for small to medium satellites
- Suitable for high data rate applications (400Mbps to 600Mbps typical)
- Low mass and low volume
- High efficiency / low power consumption
- User selectable configuration
- Telemetry/Telecommand via RS-422 or CAN bus (1553 option)
- Flexible SDR design, selectable modulation and output power configurations
- OQPSK/QPSK/8PSK,16QAM modulation schemes
- Selectable coding - Convolutional, Reed-Solomon.
- LVDS synchronous data ports with auto detection