The Compact Fly-By-Wire system utilizes the latest in electronic processing technology to bring the safety and performance we pioneered in air transport fly-by-wire systems into the Part 23, eVTOL and urban air mobility aircraft platforms. This system supports a triplex architecture, lockstep processing and other features – all in a package smaller than a hardcover book. The Compact Fly-By-Wire ensures all possible failures on passivated and redundant channels are able to seamlessly transfer control without disturbing aircraft control or relying on pilot heroics to recover the aircraft. The system also can provide envelope limiting, which controls the aircraft within a safe operating envelope even if a pilot becomes disoriented. This is ideal for creating a stabilized flying experience for unmanned vehicles.
- Lightweight and small in size offering aircraft manufacturers more flexibility for aircraft design with the same power or more.
- Less weight also translates into fuel savings.
- Increased safety, with technology first applied to and proven on airliners over decades.
- Reduced maintenance costs through “cable-less” avionics, which helps reduce costs not only through design, production and development but also for the all-inclusive maintenance and overhaul process.
The Compact Fly-By-Wire is ideal for use on:
- Any electric or hybrid aircraft and traditional Part 23 platforms
- Urban Air Mobility platforms