How do I load and verify the RDR-7000 components?
Application Software, Configuration Files and Programmable Data Item (PDI) Loading Procedures.
(a) First, install the RDR-7000 system hardware per the aircraft STC. Also, please refer to the RDR-7000 Weather Radar System Installation and Line Maintenance Manual mentioned in the References section of this guide for additional information.
(b) Second, install the Application Software, Configuration Files, and Programmable Data Items (PDI) into the ART-7000 Receiver-Transmitter Assembly per the following procedures.
The RDR-7000 Hardware and Software Installation Process
1. Load Application Software: Remove power from the ART and insert the Application Software SD Card into the SD slot on the ART. Restore power. The green LED near the SD slot will flash until the load is complete. Solid green indicates a successful load.
2. Load Base Configuration: Remove power from the ART and replace the Application Software SD Card with the Base Configuration SD Card. Restore power. Again, the green LED near the SD slot will flash until the load is complete. Again, solid green indicates a successful load.
3. Load User Configuration: Remove power from the ART and replace the Base Configuration SD Card with the User Configuration SD card. Restore power. Again, the green LED near the SD slot will flash until the load is complete. Again, solid green indicates a successful load.
4. Load Mag Var PDI: Remove power from the ART and replace the User Configuration SD Card with the Mag Var PDI SD Card. Restore power. Again, the green LED near the SD slot will flash until the load is complete. Again, solid green indicates a successful load. Remove power from the ART. Remove the SD Card. Restore power to the ART.
1) If the antenna obstructs the SD slot when the ART is depowered, the antenna may be removed out of the way by hand.
2) Smaller files may load too quickly for the flashing green LED to be easily noticed. This is normal behavior and solid green still indicates a successful load.
5. Run Initiated BIT: Change the Weather Radar Mode selection to TEST. The RDR-7000 will perform an initiated test, display the test pattern, then display the installed configuration.
The configuration pages will be similar to those shown in the “Example Configuration Page 1 – 3” figures below.
6. Verify Loaded Components: For each component loaded via this Procedure, verify that the displayed parameters match those specified. Refer to the example configuration pages and the parameter definitions below.
Components shown below IN ALL CAPS are those loaded via this procedure.
Configuration Page 1 (Fig. 1)
ART-7000 TSO C63f
PN: ART Hardware Part Number (includes Mod version)
SN: ART Hardware Serial Number
SW: APPLICATION SOFTWARE PN (E.G. SW69003810-502)
TP: Topography PDI Part Number
Configuration Page 2 (Fig. 2)
PN: Configuration Module Hardware Part Number
SN: Configuration Module Hardware Serial Number
BC: BASE CONFIG PDI PN (E.G. CF69003862-201)
CRC: BASE CONFIG PDI CRC (E.G. 0XBC3F645F)
Configuration Page 3 (Fig. 3)
MV: MAG VAR PDI PART NUMBER (E.G. SWM69003869-502)
UC: USER MODE CONFIG PDI PN (E.G. CU69003862-101)
CRC: USER MODE CONFIG PDI CRC (E.G.)
(a) Installation Design Guide and Line Maintenance Manual for the IntuVue™ RDR-7000 Weather Radar System for Business Jets and Helicopters, Honeywell Technical Publications document number D202003000583.
(b) Pilot’s Guide for the IntuVue™ RDR-7000 Automatic Weather Radar System for Fixed Wing Aircraft (D201911000094)
The Honeywell Aerospace Technical Support (ATS) team can be contacted for additional information.
Honeywell Aerospace Technical Support
Telephone: 855-808-6500 (Toll Free U.S.A./Canada)
Telephone: 602-365-6500 (International Direct)
Option 1 for Avionics or Option 2 for Mechanical.