Your browser is not supported.
For the best experience, please access this site using the latest version of the following browsers:
By closing this window you acknowledge that your experience on this website may be degraded.
Where Tradition and innovation Combine for Increased Passenger Safety: Meet the RDR-4000
Honeywell’s flight safety system innovations continue with the IntuVue Weather Radar Family.
Did you know that turbulence-related incidents cost airlines on average $150,000 per event? Visibility in tough weather conditions is a critical factor for efficient, reliable and safe aircraft operations. Weather-related delays and cancellations can cost aviation companies billions of dollars each year.
RDR-4000—Revolutionizing Weather Detection for the Safest, Most Efficient, Comfortable and Punctual Flight
The RDR-4000 is the first member of this new radar family. As the first totally new design in onboard weather radars for commercial aircraft in 40 years, IntuVue improves strategic rerouting and tactical maneuvering using state-of-the-art technologies that enable pilots to find the most efficient route, improving fuel efficiency and passenger safety.
What to Know About the IntuVue Weather Radar and Its Benefits
- Using 3-D volumetric scanning and pulse compression technologies, the IntuVue Weather Radar system provides a complete view of the weather from 0 to 60,000 feet across a 320 nm detection range.
- Anticipates strategic maneuvering for weather rerouting.
- Minimizes the risk of encountering hazardous weather by providing predictive warnings for hail, lightning, and windshear.
- Reduces delays, turn backs and diversions.
- Diminishes turbulence costs by reducing injuries, aircraft inspections and passenger concerns.
- Lowers operation costs by more than 35% through increased reliability.
- Reduces maintenance costs by more than 30%.
- Decreases system weight by up to 30%, yielding fuel savings of $10,000 per year.
All estimates on performance, operational benefits and cost savings are based on Honeywell data.
If you want to have more information or schedule an upgrade click the button below and a representative of Honeywell will contact you.
Watch Now - Our Customers Using RDR-4000 Share Their Experience With Us