Accelerex RBA500 Accelerometer
Digitally Compatible Frequency Output Accelerometer
For a frequency output sensor, Honeywell produces the Accelerex RBA500 accelerometer. It is primarily used to supplement GPS navigation systems. It is a good choice where frequency output, high-g, small size, low power, and light weight are necessary.
The acceleration is measured as the frequency difference between two vibrating quartz beams. The output of the RBA500 is also thermally compensated using an internal temperature sensor and Honeywell-supplied coefficients; when integrated over time, delta Velocity is directly provided to the user’s system.
- Supplement to GPS navigation systems
Key Honeywell Advantages
- Frequency output for direct interface to digital electronics
- Affordability without compromising reliability
- High-g capability
- Very compact design
- Integral 2 fastener mounting flange
- Low power consumption
- Hermetically sealed case
- Internal temperature sensor for thermal compensation
- Robust design and quality assurance provides superior reliability
Please complete the form to speak with one of our technical managers
Honeywell Accelerometer Senses Distant Earthquake
The precision resonating beam accelerometer Ron was testing in Redmond, Washington, picked up vibrations from an earthquake off the coast of Alaska.