Lea Kiesel is the Sr. Director of Offering Management at Honeywell. With more than 25 years of aerospace experience, Lea has a diverse background in engineering, supply chain materials management, and as a business leader. She began her Honeywell career as a manufacturing engineer working on the machining and thermal barrier coatings (TBC) process – now she’s come full circle as she leads the coating service business applying thermal barrier coatings for customers globally.
In this episode, Lea discusses the advancements in TBCs from where they began to where we are now. With a behind the scenes look, you’ll learn:
- What are Thermal Barrier Coatings? And how are they used?
- History of thermal barrier coatings
- What makes Honeywell stand out in this field?
- What is CMAS, and what problem does it solve?
- What’s next in Thermal Barrier Coatings
For more on thermal barrier coatings, check out Lea’s blog post here: We’re Leading the Way in Thermal Barrier Coatings
Visit our podcast page to find links to Aerospace Unplugged on your favorite podcast app.