Mark XXI EGPWS
Mark XXI EGPWS
The Mark XXI enhanced ground proximity warning system (EGPWS) is a terrain awareness and warning system (TAWS) optimized for visual flight rules (VFR) helicopters without a radio altimeter.
The highly affordable Mark XXI enhanced ground proximity warning system (EGPWS) adds the powerful safety benefits of EGPWS to visual flight rules (VFR) equipped helicopters without radio altimeters and exceeds helicopter terrain awareness and warning system (HTAWS) requirements. It includes an internal global positioning system (GPS) card and interfaces to weather radar indicators, multi-function displays and stand-alone displays. In addition, we made the installation process simple, so your helicopter can quickly return to flight.
The Mark XXI comes standard with an internal 8-channel GPS card for installations where an external GPS is not available for position input.
Using our proprietary worldwide database (11 regions), including high resolution terrain, airports, heliports, obstacles and oil rigs, our Mark XXI EGPWS incorporates many features not found in competing systems, such as:
- Option to suppress low altitude mode, audio or terrain according to pilot preferences
- Peaks display depicts the highest and lowest elevation terrain within the display range at any altitude, when most TAWS displays would be blank, which can be useful in the event of an unplanned descent
- Geometric altitude algorithm overcomes barometric altimetry limitations, like cold weather operations
- Auto pop-up change from radar to terrain display in the event of a terrain alert, reducing pilot workload during this critical time
- Instrument flight rules (IFR) operators should consider a Mark XXII EGPWS.