HG5700 Inertial Measurement Unit
The HG5700 is a product that bridges the performance gap between the HG1700 high performance tactical-grade IMU and the HG9900 high performance navigation-grade IMU.
The HG5700 is a gyrocompass-grade Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU)/ Inertial Navigation System (INS) designed to meet the needs of a broad range of guidance and control applications. The HG5700 is based off the successful navigation grade GG1320 gyro and HG1700 IMU that have been successfully deployed on a wide range of military and commercial aircraft and ground applications. Honeywell has manufactured and delivered over 500,000 GG1320 gyros worldwide and over 450,000 HG1700 IMUs.
The HG5700 is a product that bridges the performance gap between the HG1700 high performance tactical-grade IMU and the HG9900 high performance navigation-grade IMU. The HG5700 fulfills the need for better performance than the HG1700 at a smaller size and lower cost than the HG9900.
The HG5700’s three Ring Laser Gyroscopes (RLG), three vibrating beam accelerometers (VBA) and associated electronics are all environmentally sealed in rugged aluminum housing. The HG5700 also employs an external environmental ring isolator to filter unwanted sensor inputs commonly encountered in real world applications.
The HG5700 simplifies system integration by offering many configurable features – such as data rate output and flight control filtering. External heat sinks and cooling are not required by HG5700, facilitating greater flexibility in systems design and integration.
The IMU capabilities include up to 3600Hz output, inertial and flight control outputs, internal or external sync, and customizable filters and data output. The INS capabilities include initialization/ transfer align, north finding/ keeping, multiple aiding source input, flight control and navigation output, and is PVT, LOS, and UTC capable.
Honeywell Key Advantages
- All inertial sensors utilized in our tactical IMUs are designed, developed and manufactured by Honeywell
- Industry standard RS-422 serial interface
- IMU units feature a wide range of factory configurable interface protocols including Synchronous Data Link Control (SDLC)
- INS units feature INS interfaces (high-speed UART) and GPS interfaces
- Proven performance in a wide range of military and commercial applications: - Aircraft - Weaponry - Ground survey - UAVs - Mobile mapping - Stabilized platforms