Autonomy and Avionics for Urban Air Mobility
ENABLING A NEW ERA OF FLIGHT
Honeywell’s avionics, navigation and flight control systems are enabling a new era of safe, clean, urban air mobility vehicles.
Our UAM solution combines powerful vehicle management and fly-by-wire computers, navigation, collision avoidance radar and other sensors to enable urban air mobility vehicles to land, take off and navigate by themselves. We also offer a full line of commercial, off-the-shelf avionics for customers desiring traditional capabilities.
Honeywell has more than 100 years of certification experience, a global support network, and products flying on tens of thousands of aircraft worldwide. That makes us the ideal partner to get your aircraft flying and certified fast.
Our flight systems deliver state-of-the-art technologies, including:
- Vehicle Management Computer: This new multi-core computer combines flight management, display processing, battery management integration, flight control interfaces, sensor data fusion, new human-machine interfaces and remote data concentration.
- Compact Fly-by-Wire System: Specially designed for urban air mobility, it features a triplex architecture, lockstep processing and other features derived from our fly-by-wire systems for airliners – all in a package smaller than a hardcover book.
- IntuVue RDR-84K Band Radar System: This software-based radar employs multiple beams scanning simultaneously to build a picture of terrain, obstacles and other aircraft. Its lightweight, phased array technology has no moving parts.
- Attitude and Heading Reference Systems, Inertial Measurement Units and Magnetometers
- KGS-200 Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver
- ADM-200 Air Data Modules
- KY-196 VHF Communications
- KT-74 or KXP-2290A ADS-B Transponder
- Honeywell Single Antenna Radar Altimeter
- Vehicle health and battery monitoring
- High resolution displays
Committed to Customer Success
Watch how Honeywell’s detect-and-avoid technologies, including the RDR-84K radar, help UAS and UAM aircraft fly safely in the most challenging environments.
Get Airborne Fast
Honeywell also offers a full line of general aviation avionics to support traditional avionics needs now. The AeroVue Touch Integrated Flight Deck is a light, powerful cockpit solution with 10.1-inch screens, the industry-leading SmartView synthetic vision and an easy-to-use navigator.
Honeywell is also building electric propulsion systems, actuators and other products specifically for UAM aircraft. Because we work closely with regulators and aircraft manufacturers worldwide, partnering with us can help ease the path to certification.
Click here to learn about all of our UAM capabilities.
Specially designed for urban air mobility, it features a triplex architecture, lockstep processing and other features derived from our fly-by-wire systems for airliners – all in a package smaller than a hardcover book.
IntuVue RDR-84K Band Radar System
The IntuVue RDR-84K Band Radar System changes the way we all think about radar and how it’s used – in the air and on the ground.
UAM: Where Are We Now
In this episode, Stephane provides updates on the state of drone delivery and urban air mobility, and what it truly takes to get these businesses in the air.