ALA 52B Radar Altimeter
ALA-52B Radar Altimeter
The ALA-52B radar altimeter is a lightweight, solid-state, airborne altimeter that provides highly- accurate digital height measurements above terrain during aircraft approach, landing and climb-out phases.
Protection Against 5G Broadband Interference
The ALA-52B radar altimeter takes the worry out of instrument landing at hundreds of U.S. airports. Honeywell’s unique design filters out 5G broadband interference so airlines can land safely and without restriction at night and in any weather conditions.
Electromechanical interference testing proved the ALA-52B is the only currently available radar altimeter to show almost no sign of 5G interference.
The ALA-52B creates the smallest protection radius available today – much smaller than any competing radar altimeter. The protection radius is the distance between a 5G base station and an aircraft. The smaller the protection radius, the more airports an aircraft can access without landing or navigation restrictions.
Airbus and Boeing have received Alternative Means of Compliance (AMOC) certification from the FAA, which means that the Honeywell ALA-52B can be installed with minimal downtime on a wide range of models, including the Airbus A318, A319, A320, A321, A330 and A340, and the Boeing 717, 737, 747, 757, 767, 777 and 787.
The ALA-52B is the ideal solution for domestic airlines and international carriers that fly wide-body aircraft into any of the 300-plus impacted U.S. airports.
- ARINC 707-6 and EUROCAE ED-30 compliant
- Frequency: 4.2 GHz to 4.4 GHz
- Operating range: -20 feet to +7500 feet (double that of other ARINC 700 series altimeters)
- Fast Fourier transform algorithm and display select panel (DSP) processing improves accuracy
- Enhanced multipath and double bounce rejection
- FPGA certified to DO-254 Level A
- Software certified to DO-178B, Level A
- 3 multifunction concept unit (MCU) form factor
- Weight ~ 4.1 kilograms (9.1 pounds)