ALA 52B Radar Altimeter
ALA-52B Radar Altimeter
The ALA-52B radar altimeter is a lightweight, solid-state, airborne altimeter providing accurate digital height measurements above terrain during aircraft approach, landing and climb-out phases.
Our ALA-52B radar altimeter (RALT), a lightweight, solid-state, airborne altimeter, provides accurate digital height measurements above terrain during aircraft approach, landing and climb-out phases. The operating range is -20 feet to +7500 feet. The ALA-52B RALT also contains fault memory and provides built-in test equipment (BITE) interfaces for use in a central maintenance computer (CMC) or in a centralized fault display system (CFDS) per ARINC 604 and Airbus Industrie ABD-0048.
Other key attributes:
- ARINC 707-6 and EUROCAE ED-30 compliant
- Frequency: 4.2 GHz to 4.4 GHz
- Operating range: -20 feet to +7500 feet (double that of other ARINC 700 series altimeters)
- Fast Fourier transform algorithm and display select panel (DSP) processing improves accuracy
- Enhanced multipath and double bounce rejection
- FPGA certified to DO-254 Level A
- Software certified to DO-178B, Level A
- 3 multifunction concept unit (MCU) form factor
- Weight ~ 4.1 kilograms (9.1 pounds)