The Aspire® suite of satellite communication offerings provides in-flight connectivity for business aviation, airlines and helicopters - anywhere in the world. Leveraging Inmarsat's satellite system, Aspire® 400 brings greater reliability, cost savings and efficiency from pole-to-pole.
Aspire 400: Swiftbroadband for Cockpit and Cabin
The Honeywell Aspire 400 Satellite Communications System delivers high-speed voice and data communications for cockpits and cabins in a compact and lightweight package.
The L-band Aspire 400 system utilizes the robust, global Inmarsat I-4 satellite network providing connectivity to the aircraft via single or dual channel SwiftBroadband channels.
The system's 2-MCU Satellite Data Unit (SDU) transceiver unit contains two separate and independent SwiftBroadband channels for fully partitioned and segregated cockpit and cabin channels.
- For the cockpit, the dedicated channel enables Safety Services over SwiftBroadband satisfying Future Air Navigation System (FANS) requirements.
- Passengers are able to use the second SwiftBroadband channel for voice and data capabilities in the cabin.
The flexible system includes a variety of antenna options to suit the operators' needs, including:
- Intermediate Gain Antenna: single- or multi-channel, Class 7, 330 kbps
- Enhanced Low Gain Antenna: single-channel, Class 4, 200 kbps
- Low Gain Antenna: single-channel, Class 15, 200 kbps
- High-Gain Antenna: single- or multi-channel, Class 6, 432 kbps
Honeywell's High-Data Rate (HDR) software upgrade can add more data capability to the system, enabling data speeds of up to 650 Kbps.
Honeywell is a leader in providing connectivity hardware and services to the aerospace industry. With more than 100 years of innovation, Honeywell has a footprint on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft that enable more fuel-efficient, connected and safe operations. Aspire 150 and 350 exemplify how Honeywell Aerospace delivers the latest functionalities and technologies in today's connected world.