Primus Elite Upgrade Options
Do you remember the day when you purchased your plane? It sported the state-of-the-art Honeywell Primus 1000 / 2000 cockpit and a lot of other cool technology. Fast forward to the present. You still have a serviceable aircraft, but it’s no longer quite so state-of-the-art or prepared to handle the future state of aviation. What do you do?
You have options:
- Fly as-is, but that’s not really an option.
- Buy a new aircraft with current cockpit technology, but loose a substantial amount of equity.
- Or save a substantial amount of money by upgrading it with the most current technology, and increasing equity – the best option. After all, you don’t replace your car when all it needs is a tune-up.
The answer is Number 3 – tune up your cockpit! Honeywell can “tune up” your aircraft affordably with Primus Elite Upgrade program options that fit both your budget and operational requirements, while driving down cost of operations.
DU-875 Liquid Crystal Displays
The Honeywell DU-875 display upgrade replaces old cathode ray tubes (CRT) with modern liquid crystal displays (LCD). Benefits include:
- Removes CRT obsolescence issues – Honeywell can no longer repair CRTs
- Updates cockpit to latest technology with very quick “plug and play” display replacement solution – can be done in less than a day – no downtime
- Brings brighter, clearer, high resolution picture to the pilots; runs cooler, creates less heat in cockpit
- Lowers cost of operation - increases reliability by 2X and lowers weight by seven pounds per display unit
- Operators can replace display units one at a time upon failure or all displays at once
- Positions aircraft to later add operational features, like PEEF and PEAF below, as part of Primus Elite upgrade
Primus Elite Enhanced Features
The Primus Elite Enhanced Features (PEEF) upgrade includes all the advantages of the DU-875 displays replacement, plus the following benefits:
- Enhanced situational awareness
- Airport charts for visual awareness on the runway and taxiways
- Approach charts for graphical depiction of aircraft position during approach
- Integrated map for 2-D depiction of flight plan, weather, traffic, geographical boundaries and more
- Optional XM Weather for real-time weather updates along the route and at destination, alternate airports, etc.
Primus Elite Advanced Features
Primus Elite Advanced Features (PEAF) is a software upgrade for operators who have a full complement of the new DU-875.
PEAF adds Synthetic Vision System which provides 3-D color images of runways, terrain, and obstacles, giving pilots a clear view of the virtual flight path. This increased level of situational awareness is particularly useful when flying to unfamiliar locations, in bad weather, or at night (see video below), reducing errors and pilot workload.
In addition to SVS, XM Meteorological Aviation Reports and Terminal Area Forecasts, and TCAS flight awareness layers are added to the Enhanced Map.
Upgrade Options for Gulfstream Operators
We haven't left GIV, GIV-SP, GV (SPZ-8000) operators out of the Primus Elite Upgrade program. You can replace your old CRTs with DU-885 displays and enjoy the same benefits outlined above.
Gulfstream's PlaneDeck (Primus Elite Enhanced Features) upgrade provides:
- Improved situational awareness capabilities and safety enhancements, including the electronic display of Jeppesen charts and maps
- Cursor control interface
- Advanced data loading with wireless option
- Optional XM graphical weather overlays
- Minimal (10 working days) downtime
- Growth to PlaneDeck Synthetic Vision (PDSV)
PlaneDeck Synthetic Vision (PDSV) Option offers the same benefits as Primus Elite Advanced Features above.
See table below for list of certified aircraft and Supplemental Type Certificates.