Designed for Primus 1000/2000/2000XP, SPZ-8400/8500 and Selected SPZ-8000 Series Avionics Systems
Primus Elite® is a unique and specifically developed LCD for CRT form/fit display upgrade providing improved safety, more efficient operations, and increased aircraft value. Primus Elite aids smarter and faster decision making, while reducing pilot workload through the incorporation of an upgraded graphical user interface with the available graphical information displayed in the pilot’s primary field of view.
Primus Elite 875 / 885 Upgrade Benefits
- Improved Safety and Comfort – Primus Elite offers operator’s enhanced flight-control monitoring providing more valuable data to pilots. This displayed data includes geo-referenced (own ship position) electronic charts and approach plates, moving maps, video display capability for on-board cameras (including display of Enhanced Vision if system is installed) and XM ground-based weather, improving situational awareness and with it, increased passenger safety. Furthermore, these added graphical cues significantly reduce the pilot’s scan and data assimilation time facilitating quicker decisions and smoother transitions to changing flight profiles due to weather or air traffic control.
All Primus Elite features are easily and intuitively accessed using a Cursor Control Device (CCD style varies by application).
- Reduced Cost of Ownership
- Increased display reliability
- Reduced weight
- Supports Terminal Charts and Maps Paperless solution*
- Internal Display Unit Maintenance Diagnostic page
- New 24 month Display Warranty
- Honeywell Avionics Protection Plan (HAPP) incentive
- Minimal Aircraft Downtime – ease of installation supports, on average, less than 15 business day aircraft downtime
- Increased Aircraft Value documented in the Aircraft Blue Book.
Primus Elite 875
Certified and available for:
- Bombardier Global Express / Global XRS / Global 5000 (w/ Primus 2000XP)
- Cessna Citation X (w/Primus 2000)
- Dornier DO-328 (w/Primus 2000)
- Falcon F900 EX (w/Primus 2000)
- Falcon 900 C (w/Primus 2000)
- Embraer L600 /L650 (w/Primus 1000)
Primus Elite 885
Certified and Offered by Gulfstream as PlaneDeck™ for:
- Gulfstream GIV (w/SPZ 8000)
- Gulfstream GIV-SP (w/SPZ 8400)
- Gulfstream GV (w/SPZ 8500)
Experience Primus Elite Advanced Features
Primus Elite Advanced Features (PEAF) increases crew situational awareness through the integration of synthetic vision with charts and maps, video capability and the XM ground-based weather displayed on Primus Elite’s LCD flight displays.
Synthetic vision provides a 3-D color image of runways, terrain and obstacles, giving pilots a clear view of the virtual flight path. The increased level of situational awareness, which is particularly useful in unfamiliar locations, bad weather and at night, reduces errors as well as a pilot’s workload. It is by no accident (pun intended) that Synthetic vision has firmly established itself as one of the best safety features a business jet can have.
In addition to Synthetic Vision, Primus Elite Advanced Features also adds:
- TCAS symbology to Primus Elite’s Enhanced Moving Map Display as an additional overlay improving the flight crews situational awareness and safety of flight
- METARs (Aviation Routine Weather Report) and Terminal Aerodrome Forecast (TAF) to the available XM Weather Display selections on Primus Elite’s Enhanced Moving Map Display
Installing Primus Elite today and then adding the Advanced Features upgrade when it becomes available for your specific aircraft, provides immediate benefits and ensures your aircraft remains a valuable asset for years to come.
On April 12, 2016, Gulfstream certified their PlaneDeck SV enhancement on a GIV-SP aircraft. PlaneDeck SV is based solely on the Primus Elite Advanced Features upgrade making it the first certification for the new functionality. Since then, Gulfstream has also certified PlaneDeck SV on a GV and is currently pursuing a similar supplemental type certificate from the FAA for the GIV.
Please contact your Honeywell Area Sales Manager for additional details on Primus Elite Advanced Features and planned availability for your specific aircraft.
*Paperless Terminal Charts and Maps Solution - while Primus Elite meets all regulatory requirements for a Paperless Terminal Charts and Maps Solution a Letter of Authorization (LOA) must be obtained by the operator.