The Honeywell DU-875 / 885 displays are liquid crystal displays (LCD) that replace old cathode ray tubes (CRT) displays for Primus 1000 / 2000 / 2000XP, SPZ-8400 /8500 and selected SPZ-8000 series avionics systems.
These display upgrades replace obsolete CRTs with modern LCDs. The DU-875 display units are specifically designed with “plug and play” functionality for ease of replacing the old DU-870 CRTs. They are brighter, last longer and provide growth capability in the cockpit for electronic charts, advanced map, camera video, maintenance pages and optional XM® Weather information.
Benefits of Upgrading:
- Updates cockpit to latest technology – can be done in less than a day – no downtime
- Removes obsolescence issue facing CRTs
- Lowers cost of operation - increases reliability by 2X and lowers weight by seven pounds per display unit
- Brings brighter, clearer, high resolution picture to the pilots
- Operators can replace display units one at a time upon failure or all displays at once
- Positions aircraft to later add operational features as part of Primus Elite upgrade
Brad Keselowski, Two-time NASCAR Champion
Why NASCAR Champion Brad Keselowski Chose to Upgrade with Honeywell DU-875 LCD Displays
“I chose to upgrade to new DU-875 displays because of the financial and operational benefits.
My Lear 45 is essential to my business of racing. I have a tight travel window each week and the plane allows me to get quickly home for family time following the race, to travel to sponsor commitments, and most importantly - arrive at the track on time each week.
Joey Meier, my chief pilot, loves the improved clarity of the displays. The four displays were amazingly easy to install since each is a form/fit drop-in. And each display weighs much less which reduces our fuel burn, saving me thousands of dollars per year.”
Brad Keselowski’s new Primus Elite flight deck
DU-875 UPGRADE OPTIONS
DU-875 One-for-One Replacement: You can replace one display or several depending on your requirements and budget. The LCD displays incorporate internal computing power allowing you to take advantage of current options and future technologies.
Full Primus Elite: You’ll need to replace the entire complement of CRTs with new DU-875 displays. In addition to the benefits shown above, the upgrades provide:
- Improved situational awareness capabilities and safety enhancements, including the electronic display of Jeppesen charts and maps
- Cursor control interface
- Advanced data loading with wireless option
- Optional XM graphical weather overlays
- Growth to Primus Elite Advanced Features (PEAF)
Primus Elite Advanced Features (PEAF) (only available for aircraft with Primus Elite and PEAF certification): PEAF increases crew situational awareness with the integration of synthetic vision. Synthetic vision provides 3D color images of runways, terrain and obstacles, giving pilots a clear view of the virtual flight path. In addition to synthetic vision, PEAF also adds:
- TCAS symbology to Primus Elite’s enhanced moving map display as an additional overlay, improving the pilot’s situational awareness and safety of flight
- Aviation Routine Weather Reports (METAR) and Terminal Aerodrome Forecasts (TAF) to the available XM Weather display selections on Primus Elite’s enhanced moving map display
UPGRADE OPTIONS FOR GULFSTREAM GIV, GIV-SP, GV (SPZ-8000) OPERATORS
PlaneDeck™ (Full Primus Elite) DU-885 Option: You’ll need to replace the entire complement of CRTs with new DU-885 for PlaneDeck. The PlaneDeck upgrade provides:
* Improved situational awareness capabilities and safety enhancements, including the electronic display of Jeppesen charts and maps
* Cursor control interface
* Advanced data loading with wireless option
* Optional XM graphical weather overlays
* Minimal (10-working day) downtime
* Growth to PlaneDeck Synthetic Vision (PDSV)
PlaneDeck Synthetic Vision (PDSV) Option offers the same benefits as PEAF above.