Honeywell’s avionics, navigation and flight control systems are enabling a new era of safe, clean, urban air mobility vehicles.
Our UAM solution combines powerful vehicle management and fly-by-wire computers, navigation, collision avoidance radar and other sensors to enable urban air mobility vehicles to land, take off and navigate by themselves. We also offer a full line of commercial, off-the-shelf avionics for customers desiring traditional capabilities.
Honeywell has more than 100 years of certification experience, a global support network, and products flying on tens of thousands of aircraft worldwide. That makes us the ideal partner to get your aircraft flying and certified fast.
The Path to Autonomy
Our autonomous flight system delivers state-of-the-art technologies, including:
- Vehicle Management Computer: This new multi-core computer combines flight management, display processing, battery management integration, flight control interfaces, sensor data fusion, new human-machine interfaces and remote data concentration.
- Fly-by-wire computer: Specially designed for urban air mobility, it features a triplex architecture, lockstep processing and other features derived from our fly-by-wire systems for airliners – all in a package smaller than a hardcover book.
- Digital Active Phased Array Radar
- Attitude and Heading Reference Systems, Inertial Measurement Units and Magnetometers
- KGS-200 Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver
- ADM-200 Air Data Modules
- KY-196 VHF Communications
- KT-74 or KXP-2290A ADS-B Transponder
- Honeywell Single Antenna Radar Altimeter
- Vehicle health and battery monitoring
- High resolution displays
Get Airborne Fast
Honeywell also offers a full line of general aviation avionics to support traditional avionics needs now. The AeroVue Touch Integrated Flight Deck is a light, powerful cockpit solution with 10.1-inch screens, the industry-leading SmartViewTM synthetic vision and an easy-to-use navigator.
Honeywell is also building hybrid-electric turbogenerators, actuators and other products specifically for UAM aircraft. Click here to learn about all of our UAM capabilities.
Because we work closely with regulators and aircraft manufacturers worldwide, partnering with us can help ease the path to certification.
Let Us Help You Fly
Ready to learn more? Our dedicated urban air mobility team is actively looking for new partners. Tell us your needs in the form below and one of our experts will contact you immediately.