Diplexer/Low Noise Amplifier
Diplexers/ Low Noise Amplifiers
The Diplexer/Low Noise Amplifier (DLNA) is a critical element of an aircraft’s satellite communications system, allowing simultaneous transmission and reception of satellite signals.
In 2020, the Federal Communications Commission authorized radio spectrum previously dedicated to satcom for use by ATCt/5G terrestrial networks. The spectrum allocated for ATCt/5G terrestrial networks overlaps the receive band of Inmarsat L-Band satcom systems. This overlap can cause interference or service disruption to L-Band satcom systems on commercial, business, and military aircraft, along with a global risk of service disruption due to the ongoing deployment of cellular LTE/5G networks
Honeywell’s Type J DLNA is designed to protect Class 6 and Class 7 Inmarsat L-Band satellite communications systems from interference caused by new 5G and LTE networks being deployed worldwide.
The Type J DLNA is retrofit and forward fit compatible with all Inmarsat Class 6 and Class 7 systems, including (but not limited to) Honeywell’s MCS, HSD and Aspire Satcom terminals, and the AMT-1800, AMT-3500, AMT-50, AMT-700 and AMT-3800 antennas.
- ARINC 781-8 compliant
- RTCA DO-262, DO-178 Certified
- Compatible with all Inmarsat approved Class 6 or 7 Satcom terminals
- Drop-in replacement for all legacy DLNAs
- Automatic detection of interferers with autonomous switching to the maximum available bandwidth
- Retrofit and forward fit compatible with all Inmarsat Class 6 and Class 7 systems, including but not limited to Honeywell’s AMT-1800, AMT-3500, AMT-50, AMT-700 and AMT-3800 antennas
- Supports all Inmarsat SwiftBroadband services and legacy Classic services
- 11.10” x 7.76” x 2.00”
- 7.10 lbs nominal
- 115VAC, 400 Hz/DC +28V plus extended levels
- No external forced air cooling required