Honeywell’s SmartPath® ground-based augmentation system (GBAS) provides a cost-effective precision navigation solution to increase airport capacity, decrease air traffic noise and reduce weather-related delays.It also reduces operating costs for both the aircraft operator and Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSP).
By providing aircraft operators with very precise, high integrity digital navigation data, Honeywell’s SmartPath GBAS provides unparalleled flexibility to terminal operations that enables ANSPs to efficiently manage airspace in ways that were not possible with legacy instrument landing systems (ILS).
Honeywell’s SmartPath GBAS is the world’s only certified satellite-based navigation and precision landing system.
The current SmartPath SLS-4000 GBAS is certified to Category I (CAT I) precision landing. The SLS-4000 CAT I system available today has a defined technical solution that will meet the requirements for CAT II/III GBAS.
Proven technical and logistical solutions for GBAS
- Highly experienced in the development, installation and certification of differential global positioning system (GPS) landing systems
- First and only GBAS manufacturer to certify CAT I operations by the FAA in the U.S., Germany’s national authority (BAF), Spain’s national authority (AENA) and Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) in Australia
- Field support for spares and logistics through worldwide customer service and support organization
- First to certify a DO-217 compliant differential GPS landing system (SCAT-1)
- Work under way by customer airlines to secure Cat II Regulatory Operations Approval
Honeywell offers turnkey products and services for precision landing implementation:
- Airport assessment, site assessment, installation, flight inspection and facility approval
- Training for both operations and maintenance
- Total lifecycle logistics support