Honeywell’s Primus Epic® integrated avionics system is in the world’s most advanced aircraft cockpits.
The Primus Epic systems are software-based, delivering unprecedented value by allowing for easy-to-install and cost-effective updates, including future communication, navigation and surveillance/air traffic management products.
IPFD + INAV™ Equals Complete Flight Planning and Control
The Integrated Primary Flight Display (IPFD) is the tactical decision-making tool that assists the pilot in making the necessary short-term decisions during flight.
INAV, or Interactive Navigation, is the industry’s first system providing the simultaneous display of traffic, terrain, airspace, airways, airports and navigation aids. Working in tandem, IPFD and INAV is a complete strategic and tactical flight planning and control system. In real time, the pilot can compare – with total confidence – current conditions outside the aircraft against the strategic flight plan, and make decisions accordingly.
The IPFD is Honeywell’s award-winning SmartViewTM Synthetic Vision System (SVS). Powered by Honeywell’s comprehensive terrain and obstacles database and advanced head-up display symbology, SmartView gives pilots with unprecedented, coherent and continuous views of their flight path, terrain and navigational environment.
Primus Epic features large-landscape flat-panel displays, intuitive navigation and patented Graphical Flight Planning functionality for modifying flight plans quickly and safely, and monitoring weather, terrain and air traffic. The imagery on the displays offer scalable window views so charts, maps and electronic engine instrumentation images are presented for easier viewing. The system also is designed to allow for the integration of aircraft utilities and fly-by-wire technologies, while also offering reductions in weight, wire count and power consumption requirements.
Primus® Epic’s Core:
- 10", 12” or 14" diagonal liquid-crystal, flat-panel displays
- Integrated Primary Flight Display with SmartViewTM Synthetic Vision System (Part 23/25 Certified)
- Graphical Interactive Navigation (INAV)
- On-screen, point-and-click functionality using onboard cursor control devices
- Patented Graphical Flight Planning (GFP)
- Fully digital, integrated autopilot and autothrottle
- Easy-to-read and interpret integrated aircraft system synoptics
- Integrated flight management system
- Integrated Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System (TAWS A)
- Integrated communication management function (CMF)
- Cursor Control Device-controlled graphical interface
- Runway Awareness Advisory System (RAAS)
- Smart Landing
- Smart Runway
- Software-based modular architecture
- Certified Part 23, 25, 27 & 29 applications
- Integrated with third-party fly-by-wire systems
- Integrated triplex Flight Management System
- Fully integrated aircraft maintenance system
- Connected Aircraft / Connected Maintenance
- Aircraft utility management (third-party systems resident in avionics Modular Avionics Unit)
- Wireless data loading and other apps
- Integrated Autothrottle
- Integrated Stall Warning
- Two Dimension Airport Moving Map
- Cockpit Display of Traffic Information
- Finmeccanica AW139
- Citation Sovereign
- Falcon 2000DX
- Falcon 2000LX
- Falcon 900DX
- Falcon 900EX
- Falcon 900LX
- Falcon 7X
- Gulfstream 350
- Gulfstream 450
- Gulfstream 500
- Gulfstream 550
- Gulfstream 650
- Hawker 4000
- Pilatus PC-24 (Epic 2.0)