Our onboard maintenance systems (OMS) provide a model-based diagnostic approach unlike any other solution on the market. It offers aircraft operators and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) quicker aircraft turn around time and reduces production and lifecycle costs.
Our OMS are primarily software-based and reside on Honeywell avionics Systems. Their primary function is to monitor the health of the aircraft (through our aircraft condition monitoring function) and diagnose issues quickly and accurately. OMS functions include:
- Continuous monitoring of aircraft avionics during flight
- Diagnosis of the root cause fault behind symptoms
- Correlation of the fault with flight crew alerts (flight deck effects)
- Informs the maintenance crew of the required repair action
- Performs applicable testing (built-in test (BIT), ground tests, return-to-service tests)
OMS also includes aircraft data loading hardware (wired or wireless), which is used to provide a secure connection between ground systems and the aircraft avionics. Our data loaders are used to load critical flight tools including navigation databases (charts and maps) and flight plans. They also download fault history database information from the aircraft’s central maintenance computer (CMC). In addition, we offer various mobile applications for iOS devices to provide additional capabilities and improve the User Interface.
We also offer ground-based tools. These tools include loadable diagnostic information (LDI) and report builder to help you customize and manage system updates based on your preferences. The solution can also integrate third party systems by using the screen builder tool.
Our OMS systems provide you:
- Faster diagnosis of faults and repair of affected systems
- 50 percent reduction in aircraft turn times
- Reduced no-fault found equipment returned for repair
- Lower maintenance costs
- Upgraded system reliability
- Improved diagnostics and trouble-shooting during OEM build cycle
- Lower production costs
- Higher on-time deliveries