The Next Generation Flight Management Systems (NG FMS) raise the bar in technical innovation with solutions for years to come. The NG FMS is optimized for future Air Traffic Management functionality to meet the needs of aircraft of all sizes.
With a completely new architecture, the NG FMS software wasbuilt utilizing a modular design that allows for aircraft specific adjustments in hardware, operating systems, Input/Output (IO) and other features. The system can run the same core functionality on multiple platforms with little modification from the core FMS functionality. This allows users the necessary amount of tailoring and customization to the user interface to support the flight deck philosophies of multiple aircraft manufacturers. This simplifies integration into flight operations by requiring minimal system training through common functionality.
The Next Generation Flight Management Systems offers:
- Full DO-178B Design Assurance Level B Software
- Fully-integrated PM-CPDLC (FANS 2/B)
- Support for all ARINC 424 Leg Types
- Separately-loadable, table-driven Performance Predictions
- Multi-level Cruise Wind Model
- DO-236 RNP Holding Patterns
- 200 Waypoint Flight Plan
- Support for Navigation Database (up to 128MB)
- Dual Flight Plans (Active/Secondary with swap)