Vertical Flight Planning
Airlines are putting more emphasis than ever on improving fuel efficiency to reduce operating costs, improve environmental performance and give them a competitive edge.
The GoDirect Flight Optimization app reduces fuel burn by giving pilots the most efficient climb procedures to reach the ideal altitude during the cruise phase of flight. Airlines can save a significant amount of money each year per aircraft with GoDirect Flight Optimization by utilizing Honeywell’s portfolio of flight management system technology and data analytics. This experience translates into fuel savings by analyzing aircraft performance data and real-time weather condition data that Honeywell has to suggest more efficient climbs.
Whether pilots are planning their route at the gate to take advantage of the latest updated weather forecast or reacting to a change in altitude while en route, the GoDirect Flight Optimization app is the tool pilots need to make the right decisions when it comes to save fuel in flight.
- Input parameters manually or via aircraft interface device
- Quickly load operational flight program and confirm input data
- View optimum cruising flight level before departure and updates in flight
- Display savings potential for recommended step climbs and overall optimized flight plans
- Use latest and up-to-date weather information
- Utilize what if scenarios which display estimated savings for specific change to original flight plan
- Built in shortcuts take app users direct-to savings display
- Post flight report to compare flown route to operational flight plan and recommended flight plan
- Consult with Honeywell, a leading flight management system manufacturer that helps pilots use both electronic flight bag app and flight management system to maximize potential for savings