Our dual portable alignment tool applications include alignment of flight critical surfaces, boresight alignment for weapons systems and calibration of inertial navigation systems.
Our solution makes field level calibration possible by filtering out ambient motion caused by wind, personnel, or other environmental factors. The inertial reference technology eliminates the need for line of sight while maintaining +/- 0.5 mRad accuracy for pitch, roll and yaw.
The dual portable alignment tool combines our state-of-the-art line replacement unit (LRU) technology with touch screen functionality. The micro inertial reference system (IRS) is based on the highly accurate and reliable digital ring laser gyro (RLG) backed by over three billion hours of RLG flight time and 300,000 production deliveries.
Other important features of our Honeywell’s dual portable alignment tool include:
- Built-in fault diagnostics that detect sensor performance failure as well as other equipment failures
- Inertial reference unit (IRU) technology enables sophisticated calibrations and overcomes the need for optical calibration equipment
- Operational efficiency with set up times reduced significantly relative to optical systems and more than 50 percent less than placing aircraft on jacks
The customizable user interface allows:
- Specialized messages displayed to the operator
- Show angles in degrees, radian, arc seconds, etc.