Our RESCU 406® automatic fixed navigation (AFN) emergency locator transmitter (ELTs) provide aircraft emergency transmission to search and rescue satellites in the event of an aircraft impact.
It’s approved for numerous commercial aircraft and features a state-of-the-art, triple frequency transmitter and ten years of extended, battery life. The RESCU 406 AFN also simplifies fleet management through an optional aircraft identification module (AIM) that automatically reprograms the transmitter unit. This makes it easy to move ELTs from one aircraft to another.
In an emergency, an ELT must be programmed with a unique identification code to be transmitted. The ELT coding sheet provides Honeywell with the data required to program your ELT.
You can access the ELT coding sheet and process here.
Honeywell’s RESCU 406 AFN ELT:
Meets latest industry standards set by EASA, FAA, and COSPAS-SARSAT
- Retrofits into existing aircraft
- Includes a single battery pack with ten years of service life
- Is easy to maintain
- Allows you to self-test the functionality
- Delivers a rugged, robust, lightweight design
- Contains automatic, factory or customer programming options
- Offers a global positioning system (GPS) optional interface
- Includes lightning protection