To be DO-260B ADS-B compliant, a GPS “Selective Availability Aware” (GPS SA) capable sensor (developed to TSO-C145b or TSO-C146b) must provide the position, velocity, altitude, figure of merit, and integrity limit data for the Mode S Transponder.
A Global Positioning System (GPS) upgrade is part of the ADS-B Out requirement. Honeywell’s GPS units provide highly accurate global positioning satellite navigation information for the full range of flight to meet the C-145b / -146b requirement. The upgraded GPS unit will retain Departure, Climb, En-route, Descent navigation and add the SBAS correction for required ADSB three-meter accuracy and the GPS-based LPV approach.
KGS-200 Global Positioning System / SBAS
The KGS-200 Mercury PX GNSS is a small, remote-mount 24-channel GPS receiver that includes Satellite Based Augmentation System (SBAS) capability. SBAS provides GPS position corrections that result in highly accurate lateral and vertical position information necessary for LPV approaches. There are various SBAS systems around the world and the GNSSU is compatible with all currently defined systems.
Global Positioning System Active Antenna/ SBAS
The GPS antenna will need to be replaced with one that meets DO-301 and TSO C-190. The new antenna shares the same fit characteristics as existing GPS antennas, it is just slightly taller.
Global Navigation System Sensor Unit (GNSSU)
Compliance to the current Australian and EASA mandates may be achieved with
HG2021GD02/GD03 GNSSUs, but for full compliance to DO-260A or B, upgrade to the HG2021GD06 or later, or replacement with a KGS-200 is recommended.
- For aircraft equipped with Honeywell HG2021GD04 or HG2021GD06 GNSSU, there is no need to upgrade the GPS required as these GNSSUs meet the SA Aware requirement.
- For aircraft equipped with Honeywell HG2021GD03 GNSSU, the GD03 may be upgraded to HG2021GD06. The antenna will also need to be replaced with an Active Antenna.
- For aircraft equipped with HG2021GD02 GNSSUs, new SBAS GNSSUs (HG2021GD06 or KGS-200) and Active Antennas will be required to be purchased as there is no direct upgrade path.
In addition to supporting the GPS SA requirement for ADS-B Out, the HG2021GD06 GNSSU and KGS-200 are capable of supporting SBAS procedures.
The HG2021GD06 GNSSU is a 24-channel Satellite Based Augmentation System (SBAS) enabled receiver. SBAS provides GPS position corrections that result in highly accurate lateral and vertical position information necessary for LPV approaches. There are various SBAS systems around the world and the GNSSU is compatible with all currently defined systems.
Required for the 2020 ADS-B Out Mandate on the following aircraft:
- Bombardier Global 5000 & Global Express
- Bombardier Learjet 40 / 45 & 40XR / 45XR
- Dassault Falcon F900 Series, F2000 Series, F7X (EASy) – VDLG & GPS Module
- Dassault Falcon 900A / B / C / EX (Non-EASy)
- Embraer Legacy 600 / 650
- Gulfstream IV / IV-SP / V
- Pilatus PC-12
- Textron Cessna Citation VII
- Textron Cessna Citation X
- Textron Cessna
- Citation Model 560 (Ultra, Encore, Excel, and XLS)
- Textron Hawker 800
- Viking Twin Otter Series 400