The Aspire® suite of satellite communication offerings provides in-flight connectivity for business aviation, airlines and helicopters - anywhere in the world. Leveraging the Iridium® satellite constellation, Aspire® 300 and Aspire® 350 bring greater reliability, cost savings and efficiency from pole-to-pole.
Aspire 300: ICAO Approved Cockpit Connectivity
Honeywell's Aspire 300 Satellite Communications System is a fully qualified Iridium satellite communications system that delivers International Civil Aviation Association (ICAO) approved cockpit voice and safety services to improve overall safety of operations.
The Aspire 300 system will meet requirements for Satcom safety services voice operation and can be used in lieu of HF radio, thereby delivering significant savings in terms of weight, power and volume while dramatically enhancing the aircraft's overall safety of operation.
The system includes a low-profile Iridium antenna providing continuous coverage from 1610 MHz to 1626.5 MHz that is qualified for both high speed military or commercial aircraft. Also included are a satellite data unit (SDU) and satcom configuration model (SCM).
- Two voice channels for cockpit
- Full FANS Over Iridium (FOI) functionality
- Reduced weight, power and volume
Aspire 350: Cockpit Connectivity
Staying connected is critical to your flight safety and efficiency. Honeywell's Aspire 350 satellite communication system enables pilots to stay connected with data and voice services throughout their flight path, anywhere in the world.
Using the latest-generation Iridium NEXT satellite constellation, one of the largest technology upgrades ever completed in space, Aspire 350 enables mission critical voice and data communications in the cockpit as well as cabin connectivity with faster speeds, easy installation and a flexible architecture.
The strategically designed systems are smaller and have an embedded router to help reduce weight, adding to fuel savings.
Aspire 350 features:
- Cockpit safety services such as Future Air Navigation Systems; Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System; and air traffic control secure voice capability.
- Immediate connection over the current FANS over Iridium (FOI) network, without having to wait for completion of Iridium NEXT launch and certification.
- Affordable, faster and more reliable high-speed aircraft connectivity with global coverage extending to the polar regions.
- Smaller, lightweight footprint reduces overall weight of aircraft, ultimately decreasing fuel costs.
- Improve cost efficiency with the addition of Honeywell's GoDirect software, an optional component that offers connectivity services to help manage bandwidth.
Honeywell is a leader in providing connectivity hardware and services to the aerospace industry. With more than 100 years of innovation, Honeywell has a footprint on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft that enable more fuel-efficient, connected and safe operations. Aspire 150 and 350 exemplify how Honeywell Aerospace delivers the latest functionalities and technologies in today's connected world.