The KRA-405B radar altimeter (RADALT) is a lightweight, solid-state, airborne altimeter that provides accurate altitude measurements above terrain during various portions of flight. With more than 10,000 produced and sold to date and more than four million service hours, the KRA-405B RADALT has proven to be one of the most reliable and industry proven radar altimeters available.
- Frequency: 4.2 GHz to 4.4 GHz
- Operating range: 0 to +2500 feet
- Accuracy: ± 3 ft or ±3%, < 500ft. ±5%, >500ft.
- Analog and digital outputs
- Temperature range: -55°C to 70°C (operating), -55°C to 85°C (non-operating)
- Size: 3”x3.5”x11”
- Weight: 3 pounds
- TSO C87/ETSO-2C87 (1997) airborne low-range radio altimeter
- DO-160B (environmental conditions and test procedures for airborne equipment)
- DO-155(minimum performance specification - airborne low-range altimeters)
- DO-178B Level A (software considerations in airborne systems and equipment certification)