AEROSPACE PERFORMANCE. INDUSTRIAL PRICES.
POSSIBILITIES OF NAVIGATION. MADE EASY.
Honeywell’s HGuide family of Micro-Electro-Mechanical System (MEMS) Inertial Measurement Units (IMUs) and Inertial/Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) navigators are specifically designed for industrial applications and do not require export licenses.
Honeywell is the world leader in high performance IMUs and navigators and offers multiple offerings in numerous different variants. Some are controlled by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), however Honeywell has recently developed new Non-ITAR products These including the HG1120, HG4930, and n580, all of which are controlled by the Commerce Control List and part of category 7A994. In addition, these products utilize proprietary Honeywell technology and designs and leverage Honeywell’s vast experience with IMUs and navigators.
IMUs are devices that sense rotation and acceleration. This is achieved via gyroscopes and accelerometers. Some IMUs also include magnetometers to sense the surrounding magnetic field. IMUs can be used anywhere there is value in accurately measuring motion. Example applications include:
- Aiding a camera pod to track a desired object
- For example, a television viewing enhancement systems used in sports broadcasting
- Integration with GNSS receivers to navigate an object from point A to point B
- IMU performance is key; errors grow quickly without GNSS coverage (e.g., forested areas, underwater, dense urban)
- Dynamic antenna platform stabilization
- IMU measures small perturbations of a platform under motion (e.g., vibration, shock) and feeds those measurements into a control system that then corrects and stabilizes the platform; without an IMU, communication can be degraded or lost
- Enables robots to navigate indoors with various aiding sources (e.g., radar, LIDAR); similar concept to GNSS aiding
Inertial / GNSS navigators combine information from IMUs and GNSS receivers to compute the position, velocity, and orientation of the platform.
To speak with an inertial sensor and navigation product specialist, please complete the form below: