Non-volatile memory is a key enabler for implementing well-monitoring, and measurement-while-drilling (MWD) electronics solutions. As well depth and formation temperatures increase, it is increasingly costly and time consuming to replace electronics that cannot operate reliably in high temperature and high shock/vibration applications.
Honeywell’s memory device answers the challenge of extreme heat and data retention. The HTEE25608, an electrically erasable programmable read only memory (EEPROM), not only performs continuously over 250°C, conservatively, its non-volatile properties offer flexibility and longevity.
In addition to deep earth drilling, the EEPROM is ideal for use as program and/or data memory in avionics, power generation and other extreme environment applications where reliability is essential.
- Non-volatile retains data when power is removed and is electronically programmable
- High level of endurance means up to 10,000 program/erase cycles for each data bit
- Refresh data management at 5-year data retention at > 225°C with periodic refresh
- Screened for operation at 250°C (conservatively) for reliable and continuous data
- Serial and parallel control inputs allows for dual purpose flexibility
- Integrated error correction code that simplifies system design
- Microprocessor code storage
- Data logging
- Hardware “tagging”, coefficient storage, etc.
- Field programmable gate array configuration code storage
- Applications that favor serial interface
- Applications that favor parallel interface