At 62 cubic inches and 3 pounds, our APN-209 military radar altimeter for the commercial and military market is one of the smallest and lightest altimeters in the market. It can be integrated with an altitude indicator and mounted in the helicopter cockpit.
The size, hover capability and state-of-the-art low probability of detection (LPD), low probability if intercept (LPI) and low probability of exploitation (LPE) is ideally suited for smaller platforms. It is optimized to work well in the helicopter environment which includes reliable tracking of the ground in a prolonged hover maneuver.
Additional highlights include:
- High and low altitude set
- Low weight and low cost
- Night vision goggle compatibility
- Variable configuration for installation flexibility
- All-weather operation in heavy rain or snow
- Complete immunity to Doppler effect
- Solid state transmitter with power management
- Accurate indication over ice and snow covered surfaces
- Accuracy during pitch and roll without slant
- Accurate, reliable operation to zero attitude
- Continuous resolution without step errors