Honeywell’s wireless data loader is a drop-in replacement for previous data management unit (DMU) and data LAN management unit (DLMU) data loaders. This replacement provides a secured wireless connection to the Primus Epic® cockpit, enabling wireless database loading and a gateway to future mobile apps.
In 2015, our wireless data loader was for ground-use only; however, in 2016 we will release additional functionalities that enable cockpit functions in flight, provide cellular coverage, and increase file transmission range.
Honeywell’s wireless data loader benefits include:
Connectivity to the Primus Epic cockpit through a tablet device via Honeywell mobile applications (sold/licensed separately):
- Wireless connectivity eliminates need for special cabling, equipment, etc.
- Database updates can be done by pilots (FAR 43.3) versus maintenance technicians
- Simplified data management, no more CDs or USB memory sticks to track
Database Loading via MyHDM or IDM:
- Wireless uploads via simple interface, auto login, status displays – no need for paper updates
- Email notification when new databases are available
- Single-button push to load multiple databases to the aircraft
Maintenance Downloading via MyMaintainer:
- Airplane condition monitoring function data, faster diagnosis of faults resulting in quicker aircraft turns
- Fault history database: Download and decoding done in just minutes, can be done by pilots, resulting in quicker aircraft turns, and less reliance on maintenance.