The Primus Epic® Freedom cockpit technology will ensure the new Citation Hemisphere business jet is ready to “Go Anywhere, Go Anytime, and Go for Less.” With Primus Epic Freedom onboard, this aircraft will have Honeywell’s latest technology, including nose-to-tail real-time connectivity.
Honeywell’s transoceanic flight management system — including SmartView for lower minimums, precision inertial reference sensors and a comprehensive Connected Aircraft solution — will enable Hemisphere operators to reach destinations faster and with reduced cost.
The Primus Epic Freedom cockpit will provide pilots with a conformal 3-D view of the outside world even in challenging weather conditions such as fog, rain or snow to improve situational awareness.
In addition to meeting Primus Epic’s core functionality, Primus Epic Freedom will feature integrated satellite communications, synthetic vision system, 3D weather radar, next-generation flight management system and airport 2D and 3D moving maps – all on advanced LED large-format high-resolution displays with touchscreen controls.
Primus Epic’s core:
- Liquid-crystal, flat-panel displays
- Integrated Primary Flight Display with SmartView™ Synthetic Vision System (Part 25 Certified)
- Graphical Interactive Navigation (INAV)
- On-screen, point-and-click functionality using onboard cursor control devices
- Patented Graphical Flight Planning (GFP)
- Fully digital, integrated autopilot and autothrottle
- Easy-to-read and interpret integrated aircraft system synoptics
- Integrated flight management system
- Integrated Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System (TAWS A)
- Integrated communication management function (CMF)
- Cursor Control Device-controlled graphical interface Already called out above
- Runway Awareness Advisory System (RAAS)
- Smart Landing
- Smart Runway
- Software-based modular architecture
- Certified Part 25, 27 & 29 applications
- Integrated with third-party fly-by-wire systems
- Integrated triplex Flight Management System
- Fully integrated aircraft maintenance system
- Connected Aircraft / Connected Maintenance
- Aircraft utility management (third-party systems resident in avionics Modular Avionics Unit)
- Wireless data loading and other apps
- 2D and 3D Airport Moving Map
- Cockpit Display of Traffic Information