Our Primus® Epic for Gulfstream Symmetry flight deck is one of the most advanced in business aviation. It features integrated touchscreen controllers, our Next Generation Flight Management System (NGFMS), and other innovations from Honeywell. The G500 is the first aircraft to feature Honeywell’s new touch-screen technology.
Aimed at making displays more intuitive, integrated and significantly more user-friendly for pilots, Honeywell’s new touch capabilities will naturally ease workload and improve communications in the cockpit. The integrated touch screens will be used for system controls, flight management, communication, checklists and monitoring weather and flight information.
- Honeywell’s SmartView® Synthetic Vision. SmartView® significantly improves the flight crew’s situational awareness by providing a large, 3-D color synthetic image of the outside world to enhance safety and efficiency.
- The Next Generation Flight Management Systems (NGFMS). Honeywell’s NGFMS raise the bar in technical innovation with solutions for years to come. To meet the needs of all aircraft sizes, the NGFMS is optimized for future Air Traffic Management (ATM) functionality to and deliver improved fuel efficiency, reduced direct operating costs, reduced pilot workload and improved safety.
- Touch-screen controllers. Utilizing an 8-inch diagonal LCD, the touch screen controllers are fully integrated with cockpit and aircraft systems, providing advanced functionality from flight planning and audio control to checklist and aircraft systems control with capability to expand.
- 2-D and 3-D airport moving maps. The 2-D moving map shows runways, taxiways, airport structures and signs at many airports on navigation displays, while the 3-D moving map integrates the Synthetic Vision System for an “out the window” view of the airport on the Primary Flight Display (PFD).
- Cockpit display of traffic information. This presents the position of nearby ADS-B aircraft on the flight deck multifunction display, giving the flight crew better awareness and understanding of airborne and surface traffic.