For more than 20 years, our FMZ-2000 has been the flight management system (FMS) of choice for pilots and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). It delivers superior performance and exceeds the requirements of modern airspace. Today, there are over 3,000 aircraft in service that use the FMZ-2000.
With the FMZ-2000 pilots can navigate the aircraft from take-off to landing and the database includes the information necessary to fly the “highway” in the terminal area (near the airport) after departure; in the en route phase (between airports); and in the arrival phase.
The FMS includes the latest technologies that allow crew members to program it so that the shortest routes can be flown to save time, fuel and ensure a landing at any airport with a runway long enough to fit the aircraft. Also, the FMZ-2000 utilizes vertical navigation (VNAV) temperature compensation which compensates for altitude discrepancy during extreme weather conditions providing increased access to airports with temperature restrictions.
The FMZ-2000 streamlines the transition to air traffic control vector control in the terminal area by removing unneeded approach waypoints from the flight plan and drawing an extended runway centerline, all with a single push of a button.
Additionally, this solution includes navigation database additional procedures including: circle-to-land procedures, tactical air navigation (TACAN) approaches, multiple area navigation (RNAV) approaches to the same runway end and en route holding patterns--- all loaded into the database.
The FMZ-2000 is offered as a control display unit with a remote-mounted navigation computer (the NZ-2010 offering) or with a card for the integrated avionics computer (the IC-810 offering.)
More details on the FMZ-2000:
- Includes localizer performance with vertical guidance (LPV)
- Provides lower minima (down to 200 feet) in order to provide more options in the U.S. and Europe
- Features loadable takeoff and landing data (TOLD) Database which is available for certain models of aircraft
- Contains SmartPerf™ learned performance management, which integrates aircraft performance data and learns aircraft-specific characteristics
- And much more…automated hold-to-altitude (HA) leg sequencing, optimized heading-to-altitude & heading to intercept (VA/VI) combinations, faster custom DB transfer times, terminal area procedure output for chart-linking in Primus® Elite