Primus Epic Control Display System Retrofit (CDS/R) is an evolution of Honeywell’s Primus® 1000 and 2000 integrated avionic systems. The CDS/R upgrades bring a number of benefits to your Falcon 900A/B:
- Increased mission capabilities and flexibility
- New Liquid Crystal Displays integrate navigation and sensor data, flight plan with video capability and enhanced graphics
- Provides opportunity to upgrade to FMS 6.1 (required for XM® Weather and Dual Jeppesen Charts options)
The CDS/R is a flexible, scalable, versatile and integrated avionics suite. It interfaces with existing equipment and sensors (Honeywell’s or other manufacturers’) resulting in an economically and technically advanced system with improved situational awareness and reductions to system weight and power consumption.
CDS/R System Overview
Large Flat Panel Displays
Honeywell’s DU-1080 8” x 10” liquid crystal flat panels provide crisp, clear, full-color displays that are easy to read – even in bright sunlight. Each primary flight display can replace up to 10 conventional instruments such the Attitude Indicator, Horizontal Situation Indicator and Airspeed Indicator. Additionally, each multi-function display integrates multiple sensors for display including a navigation maps, terrain and traffic, or weather radar.
New Display Interface
In the factory-delivered Falcon 900A/B, the integrated computer houses the symbol generator, flight director, autopilot and flight management system (FMS). With CDS/R, the FMS and autopilot circuit card assemblies (CCA) are removed and replaced with the IC-1080 Integrated Avionics Computer to allow interface with existing analog and digital flight control systems and aircraft sensors.
Benefits of the Primus Epic CDS/R
- Improved Situational Awareness / Safety
- Integrating displays of multiple systems on both primary and multifunction displays
- Reduced pilot workload by streamlined and de-cluttered cockpit, and improved flight information presentation
- Reduced Cost of Ownership
- Installed weight and power savings with integrated system
- Increased reliability - overall display reliability can be improved by 2X, which may result in fewer maintenance events, reduce costs, and less ground delays due to maintenance or equipment failures.
- Designed for Flexibility
- Scalable system architecture provides flexibility to integrate many subsystems (One System/Part Number – Multiple Platforms)
- Multiple Display Configurations
Other Upgrade Options
Flight Management System 6.1
Honeywell's FMS 6.1 software greatly increases your mission capabilities and flexibility. The FMS adds SBAS GPS*, WAAS-LPV, circling, Baro VNAV, and RNP approaches functionality, and satisfies FANS 1/A+ and ADS-B Out Mandates compliance. Also, the inclusion of all non-precision approaches in the database allows the pilots to use the FMS in almost all approaches.
*Required for ADS-B Out
Optional Advanced File Graphics Server (AFGS)
The AFGS facilitates real-time display of approach charts, terminal maps, SIDs and STARs charts integrated onto a moving map display. It also facilitates real-time integration of XM® Weather and Moving Maps.
- Jeppesen Charts & Maps Option
Jeppesen Charts & Maps are used by the AFGS and are available by subscription via Honeywell/Jeppesen Integrated Navigation Data Service (INDS)
Moving MAP feature that displays the current FMS flight plan on a geo-political map. It also provides the background data on which Uplink Weather data can be displayed.
SmartRunway® and SmartLanding® Upgrades
SmartRunway and SmartLanding are software options for the Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System, that increase flight crew situational awareness during taxi, take-off and landing, promotes stabilized approaches, decreases the risk of runway incursions and excursions, supports heads-up operations with aural advisories and supports quiet cockpits with visual advisories.
Global Navigation Sensor System Upgrade
In order to take advantage of the new LPV approach capability and to support ADS-B Out Mandate compliance, the Global Navigation Sensor System needs to be upgraded / replaced with a new version that is compliant with TSO-C145 and TSO-C146.
Why Choose Honeywell?
Proven Technology: Honeywell’s avionics are based on proven technology providing exceptionally high reliability and simplified maintenance.
Improved Resale Value: Demonstrable aircraft resale value improvements – Aircraft Bluebook documented
Worldwide Customer Support: Our product support services include regularly scheduled maintenance and pilot training courses. When service is needed, our customer support engineers and service centers are located around the world to provide efficient, responsive support.
- Technical Assistance