Honeywell has more than 70 years experience in developing bespoke cryogenic solutions for defense applications that utilize cooled infrared seeker technology. Our solutions are highly reliable and can be depended upon to perform - even in the most demanding environments.
Offering a variety of solutions tailored to meet customer requirements, our products offer:
- Proven reliability – Rapid cool down to cryogenic temperatures
- Consistent cooler performance maintaining tight tolerances on temperature
- Extended product life - More than 20 years of service for our Minicoolers
Our product range includes:
Fixed Orifice Joule Thomson Minicooler
Simple design to offer reliability at low cost when minimizing gas consumption is not critical
- Delivers high performance temperature stability
- Fast cool down times for short duration mission (typically less than 60 seconds)
Dual Flow Joule Thomson Minicooler
The Dual Flow Minicooler provides a variable control of gas flow with a high primary flow which cools the missile sensor to operating temperature in a rapid and precise time. The secondary flow maintains the sensor operating temperature while efficiently controlling the gas supply.
- Provides precise gas-flow management and speed control to deliver temperature stability of the detector
- Allows longer missions, typically up to 300 seconds
- Delivers significant weight savings through optimized gas supply
Demand Flow Joule Thomson Minicooler:
The Demand Flow Minicooler provides a continuous regulation of gas flow with a high primary flow which cools the missile sensor to operating temperature in a rapid and precise time. Once at temperature, the Minicooler controls the flow to match the heat load demand across a wide ambient temperature range. When compared with the Dual Flow Minicooler the Demand Flow Cooler increases precision and control to improve flight duration.
- Delivers high temperature stability for improved infra-red sensor stability through variable/throttling effect of gas flow
- Minimizes gas consumption over mission period improving mission duration capability
- Ideal for applications with either extended duty requirements or limited cooling gas availability