- Unified interface will help operators cut costs by more efficiently managing flight tracking, flight planning and cabin services
PHOENIX, Nov. 27, 2018 — Honeywell (NYSE: HON) is making flight operations more efficient by offering an online portal with a new look that helps operators perform multiple tasks and manage flights from start to finish — all from one convenient interface. Honeywell’s new GoDirect® Portal provides flight, tracking and cabin connectivity service customers with a single login. This links previously separate portals to help with flight tracking, planning, and managing cabin services and connectivity usage. Now, multiple users can view and update aircraft and flight information in real time, via a mobile-optimized website.
“There are a lot of people and processes involved in making sure every flight is safe, on time and comfortable,” said John Peterson, senior director, Connectivity Services, Honeywell Aerospace. “Like a symphony orchestra with one person out of key, one problem in the flight planning process can have a negative domino effect and cause delays. With the GoDirect Portal, pilots, operators and maintenance crews have a central location for all their flight information. The result is a flight that’s perfectly in key.”
Features of the GoDirect Portal
A sudden change or delay in receiving information can upset the balance of flight operations, costing operators time and money. Honeywell’s GoDirect Portal greatly simplifies flight planning and management workflows, helping dispatchers and flight crews access and update flight information in real time. It also shows cabin service and connectivity usage, so operators and maintenance crews are aware of the status of each aircraft in their fleet and can control service usage to help cut costs. Features include:
- Single sign-on: Users can now move easily between previously separate portals and monitor cabin services, flight planning and tracking all from one simple interface — making it simple to get the right information at the right time and make informed decisions.
- Data control: To help save costs, operators can view their connectivity usage in real time, allowing them to better control their entire fleet’s data usage.
- Easier multitasking: Having access to many different services in one place makes it easier to multitask effectively. For example, a dispatcher can work with a pilot on a flight plan while monitoring ongoing flights.
GoDirect Flight Services, including GoDirect Portal, is part of Honeywell’s GoDirect family — the industry’s most complete portfolio of more than 50 value-adding aviation services and applications that provide operators, flight crews and maintenance teams with critical information to control their services and network. All GoDirect Flight Service customers have access to GoDirect Flight Bag Pro, an electronic flight bag application from Honeywell.
- Read more about GoDirect Portal
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace on the Follow The Aero blog
- Like Honeywell Aerospace on Facebook
- Follow @Honeywell Aero on Twitter
Honeywell Aerospace products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft. The Aerospace business unit builds aircraft engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity systems, mechanical components and more. Its hardware and software solutions create more fuel-efficient aircraft, more direct and on-time flights and safer skies and airports. For more information, visit www.honeywell.com or follow us at @Honeywell_Aero.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 technology company that delivers industry specific solutions that include aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings and industry; and performance materials globally. Our technologies help everything from aircraft, buildings, manufacturing plants, supply chains, and workers become more connected to make our world smarter, safer, and more sustainable. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywell.com/newsroom.