- The first purchase of Inmarsat’s global, high-speed connectivity service in region opens the door for broader adoption of key connected services, benefiting pilots, passengers and operators.
PHOENIX, May 1, 2018 – Honeywell (NYSE: HON) has completed the first sale of Jet ConneX, the global, high-speed connectivity service targeted toward the business aviation aircraft market segment, in Latin America. The service, which is powered by Inmarsat’s Ka-band satellite network and runs on Honeywell’s JetWave™ hardware, was selected alongside the Honeywell Avionics Protection Plan and several GoDirect® services to support flight planning, weather monitoring, future maintenance and more.
A Brazilian customer is the first to purchase Jet ConneX through Honeywell GoDirect in Latin America. The improved in-flight connectivity and GoDirect services will be used on the customer’s Dassault Falcon 7X to improve passengers’ cabin experience and provide pilots with dynamic services for better awareness and decision-making.
“Customers around the world, and now in Latin America, have selected our JetWave hardware and Inmarsat’s Jet ConneX service to take full advantage of what a connected experience in the sky can offer — from streaming video to real-time weather data,” said Jason Wissink, GoDirect worldwide sales director, Honeywell Aerospace. “Passengers can benefit from reliable, high-speed connectivity that makes the cabin feel as productive as their homes or offices, while pilots gain access to GoDirect services that help strategically inform their decisions around problematic weather and flight-planning efficiency.”
Honeywell is bringing its vision for the Connected Aircraft to business aviation operators across Latin America. As adoption increases for JetWave and Jet ConneX, operators in region are giving passengers and pilots improved productivity, efficiency, safety and a quality connected experience that travels along whenever and wherever they travel.
“The collective purchase of Jet ConneX, JetWave and other GoDirect services directly through Honeywell shows a unique benefit created for customers,” said Wissink. “They can now rely on Honeywell as the one point of contact in meeting and supporting all their connectivity-related needs.”
Connectivity Technologies and Services Onboard
Key connectivity technologies and Honeywell GoDirect services in the purchase include:
- JetWave, which is the exclusive high-speed communications hardware that powers a passenger’s ability to connect in the cabin to Inmarsat’s Jet ConneX service. The hardware system is optimized for Inmarsat’s Global Xpress Ka-band network to ensure a reliable and fast connectivity experience across the globe.
- Jet ConneX, which provides business jet operators with industry-leading connected aircraft capabilities. By using the Inmarsat Global Xpress Ka-band network, the service delivers the bandwidth and throughput to meet cabin passengers’ business and entertainment needs.
- GoDirect Flight Planning, which saves time and errors by calculating fast, accurate flights plans globally by using a sophisticated and highly integrated flight plan engine.
- Weather Information Service, which prepares pilots with up-to-date weather information at their fingertips. The service uses current weather data, historical trends and forecasts to provide accurate depictions of what pilots must prepare for and are facing in flight. The service can also provide optimization information for flight paths and routing.
Accessibility and adoption of connectivity technology are growing across a wide variety of business and commercial aircraft. Honeywell, Inmarsat and their installation partners have received more than 25 type certificates and Supplemental Type Certificate approvals for JetWave from the FAA and EASA across 24 platforms. That number continues to grow and so does the number of regions worldwide that benefit from the power of connectivity.
Honeywell Aerospace products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft, and its turbochargers are used by nearly every automaker and truck manufacturer around the world. The Aerospace business unit develops innovative solutions for more fuel-efficient automobiles and airplanes, more direct and on-time flights, safer flying and runway traffic, along with aircraft engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity services, logistics, and more. The business delivers safer, faster, and more efficient and comfortable transportation-related experiences worldwide. For more information, visit www.honeywell.com or follow us at @Honeywell_Aero and @Honeywell_Turbo.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 software-industrial company that delivers industry specific solutions that include aerospace and automotive products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; and performance materials globally. Our technologies help everything from aircraft, cars, homes and buildings, manufacturing plants, supply chains, and workers become more connected to make our world smarter, safer, and more sustainable. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywell.com/newsroom.