- Honeywell’s aviation service apps provide operators, pilots and passengers with safety, efficiency and productivity services all in one place
SHANGHAI, April 12, 2017 – Honeywell (NYSE: HON) introduced its new GoDirect suite of aviation service applications at the Asian Business Aviation Conference & Exhibition 2017 (ABACE2017). The GoDirect services suite gives pilots, operators and passengers direct access to the Honeywell services they need — including flight planning, weather information, maintenance services and in-flight Wi-Fi. By supporting cabin connectivity to flight support services and maintenance and service plans, Honeywell’s GoDirect family of services will help operators and pilots make smarter, faster and more cost-effective decisions, ultimately offering a safer, more productive and more enjoyable flying experience to passengers.
Today’s aircraft generate huge amounts of data while in flight. The challenge for pilots, maintenance crews and operators is to simplify and manage all of the data extracted from engines, avionics and the numerous sensors on board to ensure the aircraft is operating as designed and as efficiently as possible. Honeywell sees software as a driving force for change in aviation, and by introducing the new GoDirect suite, the company is creating services that embrace digitization to enhance safety and efficiency for operators and pilots from gate to gate. The software suite enables operators and pilots to make the most of the data to make flights safe and efficient with an eye on lowering operating costs.
“Software helps drive aircraft advancements to create efficient processes and a better flight experience for operators, pilots and passengers,” said Steven Lien, president of Honeywell Aerospace, Asia Pacific. “With GoDirect services, Honeywell integrates software and connectivity capabilities in one place to meet the needs of owners, passengers, flight crews and maintenance personnel. In addition, access to these capabilities is consolidated on a single platform and controlled through a mobile device, allowing operators to use devices that they’re already comfortable with.”
Broadest Service Offering in the Aviation Industry
Using Honeywell’s wide array of products, software capabilities and increased access to in-flight Wi-Fi, GoDirect is redefining aviation with services applications that connect, inform and drive a more efficient and productive industry. At ABACE2017, the company will showcase key GoDirect services and applications, including these:
- GoDirect Flight Preview is a new mobile application that gives pilots an unprecedented way to preview landing approaches. In the app, pilots can select an airport, runway, approach and transition, and then view that approach in a 3-D rendering on a map. This enables pilots to become familiar with a procedure, the surrounding terrain and the airport environment before actually flying the approach.
- GoDirect Fuel Efficiency software gives operators the right tools and data to monitor current fuel consumption and find opportunities for fuel savings. It analyzes data from more than 100 reports that combine with existing airline systems through a user-friendly data interface. The solution offers fuel-savings recommendations, which operators can quickly place into existing or customized analytics reports and dashboards.
- Weather Information Service gives pilots the latest weather information so they can take the safest and most efficient flight path. This helps pilots avoid potentially dangerous weather and improve the passenger experience with on-time arrivals.
A One-Stop Platform for All Service Needs
Today, there is increasingly high demand for integrated services. Operators are looking for ways to improve safety, increase efficiency and cut operating costs. Pilots want better tools that put real-time information and data at their fingertips, allowing them to focus on flying. Flight departments need to anticipate and fix problems before they ground an aircraft. Moreover, passengers want a safe, comfortable flight with Wi-Fi capabilities similar to their experience at the office and at home. With GoDirect, Honeywell is giving the aviation industry direct access to services that can help improve safety, performance and cost efficiencies.
To find out more about the full suite of business and general aviation offerings, visit Honeywell at ABACE2017 in Shanghai, April 11‒13, booth P336.
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace on the Follow The Aero blog
- Read more about Honeywell GoDirect
- Like Honeywell Aerospace on Facebook
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 software-industrial company that delivers industry specific solutions that include aerospace and automotive products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; and performance materials globally. Our technologies help everything from aircraft, cars, homes and buildings, manufacturing plants, supply chains, and workers become more connected to make our world smarter, safer, and more sustainable. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywell.com/newsroom.