SHANGHAI, April 10, 2017 – Honeywell (NYSE: HON) and Embraer will jointly showcase a range of business aviation cockpit technologies at the 2017 Asian Business Aviation Conference & Exhibition (ABACE2017). Embraer will exhibit its Lineage 1000E and Legacy 650 aircraft that have Honeywell’s Primus Epic integrated avionics and Primus Elite avionics installed. These advanced cockpit systems and technologies are at the core of achieving reduced pilot workload and enhanced safety for Embraer’s world-leading business aircraft.
Embraer has built itself into one of the leading manufacturers of business aircraft by adapting the latest technologies to meet the rigorous demands of high utilization, setting its aircraft apart from the competition.
“Honeywell has enjoyed a long and successful partnership with Embraer and is honored to provide Embraer with our Primus Epic and Primus Elite avionics systems, and we are excited to demonstrate the systems’ features and benefits to the visitors at ABACE2017,” said Andy Gill, senior director, Asia Pacific, Business and General Aviation, Honeywell Aerospace. “With their state-of-the-art capabilities, Primus Epic and Primus Elite deliver unprecedented value to operators by providing advanced symbology, improved safety and comfort, and reduced cost of ownership.”
“As one of the largest aircraft manufacturers in the world, Embraer holds high standards for elevating our products and services,” said Guan Dongyuan, senior vice president of Embraer and president of Embraer China. “With Honeywell cockpit technologies installed in our latest business aircraft, we can provide increased aircraft value to owners, operators and pilots by enabling improved safety, increased reliability, lower cost of ownership and reduced weight.”
Honeywell’s Primus Epic integrated system easily supports owners, operators and pilots and effectively integrates future communication, navigation and air traffic management functionalities. Meanwhile, the Primus Elite system, replacing traditional cathode ray tube (CRT) displays with liquid-crystal displays (LCDs), provides the same features and safety benefits as the most sophisticated cockpits in operation today, including XM graphical weather, Jeppesen electronic charts and maps, and video display capabilities. Primus Elite displays are also available as a drop-in retrofit option for in-service Legacy 600 aircraft.
Honeywell Highlights at ABACE2017
Event attendees will be able to interact with and learn more about Honeywell advanced technologies, including these:
- Primus Epic systems are software-based, delivering unprecedented value by allowing for easy-to-install and cost-effective updates, including future communication, navigation, surveillance and air traffic management products.
- Primus Elite flight deck is a unique and specifically developed LCD upgrade for CRT form-and-fit displays. Highly reliable LCDs replace existing CRT displays, adding powerful graphical capability, improved reliability, more efficient operations and increased aircraft value.
- Ovation Select cabin management system offers business aviation passengers a broad range of cabin entertainment, controls and integrated communications to meet the demands of their busy schedules, all at their fingertips.
- Connectivity technologies represented by Honeywell’s JetWave and Aspire satellite communications hardware allow flight crews and passengers to stay connected during every phase of the flight and enable seamless, high-speed internet access anywhere in the world.
- GoDirect services platform allows owners, passengers, flight crews and maintenance personnel to view all their services with a push of a button — from Maintenance Service Plans to avionics and flight support.
- TPE331 was the first Honeywell turboprop engine designed from scratch for the military in 1959. The series now includes 18 engine models and 106 configurations. With more than 13,000 engines delivered to date and more than 122 million hours of flight time, today the TPE331 is one of the most reliable and proven turboprop engines in the world.
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace on the Follow The Aero blog
- Like Honeywell Aerospace on Facebook
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 software-industrial company that delivers industry specific solutions that include aerospace and automotive products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; and performance materials globally. Our technologies help everything from aircraft, cars, homes and buildings, manufacturing plants, supply chains, and workers become more connected to make our world smarter, safer, and more sustainable. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywell.com/newsroom.