BEIJING, Sept. 12, 2016 – Honeywell (NYSE: HON) is highlighting several solutions that address air traffic control challenges at the ATC Global conference in Beijing Sept. 12–14. Event attendees will be able to interact with and learn more about Honeywell technologies that work together to improve flight safety and airport capacity for air traffic controllers, airport operators and airlines.
In China, both new and existing airports face flight congestion challenges due to the country’s steady growth in air traffic, and this is expected to continue over the next two decades. According to a forecast from the International Air Transport Association, the total number of annual passengers in China will reach almost 1.2 billion by 2034, which is 758 million more passengers than in 2014. With congestion issues rising, investments in the right technology are critical to reduce air traffic.
“Passengers, airlines and airport operators are calling for solutions to help China ease air traffic congestion and support the country’s growing demand for air travel,” said Paul Nef, business development director, Asia Pacific, Honeywell Aerospace. “With more than a century of experience in the aviation industry, Honeywell understands China’s distinct set of evolving air traffic challenges, and has the right solutions to reduce delays and significantly increase air space throughput.”
By working with organizations such as the Civil Aviation Administration of China, Honeywell can help the country modernize its air traffic management. Last year, Honeywell conducted a flight demonstration using its SmartPath® system at Pudong International Airport. As an example, Honeywell’s SmartPath Ground-Based Augmentation System (GBAS) will be the first technology of its kind certified for civil use in China. This will make it possible for airports to handle increased air traffic, keeping passengers’ flights on time.
Honeywell Technologies at ATC Global 2016
- SmartPath GBAS offers a cost-effective, precise navigation solution that can increase airport capacity, reduce air traffic noise and decrease weather-related delays.
- SmartRunway® and SmartLanding® systems increase situational awareness by providing timely aural and visual warnings during taxi, takeoff and landing, reducing the risk of runway-related accidents and enhancing runway safety.
- GX Aviation system is the first high-speed wireless broadband service to span the world, powered by Honeywell’s JetWave® onboard hardware and Inmarsat’s Global Xpress Ka-band satellite network. Pilots, passengers and airlines can all benefit from reliable, fast connections anywhere.
- IntuVue® RDR-4000 3-D Weather Radar system provides real-time and accurate weather information, helping pilots reroute around bad weather to improve flight safety and reduce delays. Its latest version, Hazard 2.0, includes a predictive hail, lightning and extended turbulence detection out to 60 nautical miles.
- Weather Information Service application provides pilots with a comprehensive, up-to-date view of weather along planned flight routes, instead of outdated printouts or radio dispatches.
To experience these technologies, visit Honeywell’s interactive wall at booth D6 at ATC Global.
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace on the Follow The Aero blog
- Like Honeywell Aerospace on Facebook
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
Honeywell Aerospace products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft, and its turbochargers are used by nearly every automaker and truck manufacturer around the world. The Aerospace business unit develops innovative solutions for more fuel-efficient automobiles and airplanes, more direct and on-time flights, safer flying and runway traffic, along with aircraft engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity services, logistics, and more. The business delivers safer, faster, and more efficient and comfortable transportation-related experiences worldwide. For more information, visit www.honeywell.com or follow us at @Honeywell_Aero and @Honeywell_Turbo.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywell.com/newsroom.
Honeywell and the Honeywell logo are the exclusive properties of Honeywell, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other Honeywell product names, technology names, trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Copyright 2016 Honeywell.
# # #