ORLANDO, Fla., Nov. 1, 2016 – Honeywell (NYSE: HON) unveiled GoDirect™ Cabin, a suite of services and mobile applications that helps business jet owners and operators more easily manage and control their satellite communications services and usage. By providing operators with the tools needed to manage an aircraft’s connectivity network via an online portal or mobile device, Honeywell has limited the need for third-party services support and put operators in control of network troubleshooting, access, data consumption, billing and more.
The proliferation of mobile devices, software as a service, and increased productivity and comfort demands from passengers has changed the business aviation landscape. Reliable, high-speed connectivity is a growing expenditure for aircraft operators, yet it’s become mandatory for them to provide fast and consistent inflight coverage — while still managing overall cost of ownership. Honeywell’s new GoDirect™ Cabin makes this easy by allowing operators to more effectively manage cabin connectivity services. The services give operators flexibility with and visibility into their current wireless services to make troubleshooting, networking and onboard data management an easy process that can save time and money.
“Expectations of fast and consistent connections are second nature in the minds of passengers. Troubleshooting support issues for in-flight systems has grown so complex, so it is important that operators can access all the services and support they need from a single provider,” said John Peterson, director, Customer and Product Support, Honeywell Aerospace.
“Managing data consumption is especially important when someone other than the principle is using the aircraft. The new services such as GoDirect Access and GoDirect Portal can easily set data consumption limits to manage costs. The best feature of GoDirect™ Cabin is when the principle is using the aircraft, they can revert back to unrestricted access to data with the click of a button,” Peterson said.
Seamless Connectivity Management
GoDirect™ Cabin makes end-to-end management and support of services and connectivity easy. Included in the mobile applications, software upgrades, services and online tools are the following:
- The GoDirect Satellite Communications Network and GoDirect Satellite Communications Toolkit. These mobile applications help operators monitor and maintain network health, diagnose connection issues and troubleshoot potential solutions for an aircraft’s satellite communications and router hardware. The applications are a source of valuable network information, such as important configuration data, and can walk operators through the troubleshooting process with email support or visual cues directly on a mobile device.
- Honeywell’s GoDirect Routing Software. This is Honeywell’s most advanced routing software. It manages an aircraft’s available data links and integrates with existing cabin management, entertainment and wireless systems to provide a more cohesive cabin experience. By automatically managing connections between available channels — 3G and 4G LTE, to L-band, to SwiftBroadband, to Ku-band, to Ka-band and back — operators can provide passengers with an uninterrupted level of service that best meets their connectivity needs.
- Honeywell GoDirect Portal and GoDirect Access. These are web-based services that integrate with Honeywell’s apps to broaden an operator’s level of control of the cabin, providing visibility into the data consumption of each aircraft in the fleet while employing advanced forecasting tools to understand how passenger and crew behavior affects connectivity cost and budgeting. Operators can now manage passenger access and billing methods, including credit card purchases, voucher cards and per-leg billing, to meet the connection and cost requirements of each flight.
- GoDirect Filter offers the best of both worlds as a service and software. GoDirect Filter gives operators the ability to streamline and prioritize in-flight data use to improve speeds and manage a better experience for passengers.
Honeywell continues to expand its expertise and offerings in end-to-end satellite communications and cabin management with services suites like GoDirect™ Cabin. GoDirect™ Cabin is available now through the Apple App Store. To hear more about this and Honeywell’s other connectivity and software offerings, come by Honeywell Booth 2200 at NBAA 2016.
- Learn more about Honeywell’s GoDirect™ Cabin
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace on the Follow The Aero blog
- Like Honeywell Aerospace on Facebook
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
Honeywell Aerospace products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft, and its turbochargers are used by nearly every automaker and truck manufacturer around the world. The Aerospace business unit develops innovative solutions for more fuel-efficient automobiles and airplanes, more direct and on-time flights, safer flying and runway traffic, along with aircraft engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity services, logistics, and more. The business delivers safer, faster, and more efficient and comfortable transportation-related experiences worldwide. For more information, visit www.honeywell.com or follow us at @Honeywell_Aero and @Honeywell_Turbo.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywell.com/newsroom.
Honeywell and the Honeywell logo are the exclusive properties of Honeywell, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other Honeywell product names, technology names, trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Copyright 2016 Honeywell.
# # #