Customized technology from Honeywell contributes to better speed, range and performance, setting a new standard for the mid-light business jet segment
A number of Honeywell Aerospace (NYSE: HON) products have been certified as part of Embraer’s newest mid-light executive jet, the Legacy 450. Offering better speed, range and field performance than expected, the aircraft recently received certification from the Federal Aviation Administration and European Aviation Safety Agency. Honeywell provides the main propulsion engines, the auxiliary power unit, the cabin pressure control system, and Ovation® Select cabin management system for Embraer’s latest jet.
“The Legacy 450 sets the bar for all other airplanes in its class. It offers a new level of speed, efficiency and comfort as the fastest mid-light jet in the air,” said Brian Sill, president of the Business & General Aviation team at Honeywell Aerospace.
“Honeywell’s range of products aboard the aircraft gives customers the tools they need to get to their destination faster while staying productive and entertained.”
“Honeywell’s technology has allowed the Legacy 450 to reach higher standards than originally thought possible,” said Luciano Castro, vice president Programs at Embraer Executive Jets.
“Between the reliability and superior performance of the engines, and the enhanced experience provided by the in-flight management system, we were able to produce a superior jet for the mid-light jet segment.”
Honeywell’s HTF7500E turbofan engine was developed specifically for the Embraer Legacy 500 and Legacy 450. It provides better fuel efficiency, reliability and maintainability, while reducing emissions and noise, giving the jet greater access to airports around the world with shorter runway takeoff and landing capabilities. The engine is designed to be environmentally friendly, providing significant margin to the International Civil Aviation Organization committee on aviation environmental protection standards for all criteria pollutants. The HTF7500E’s efficient engine design further reduces CO2 emissions while lowering aircraft operating costs through reduced fuel consumption and condition-based maintenance.
The Legacy 450’s Ovation Select cabin management system allows fliers to stay productive and entertained throughout their flights, whether they want to focus on work or enjoy a state-of-the-art entertainment system. By using Ovation Select, the cabin includes individual monitors and wireless iPad and iPhone controls with fully integrated audio and video. Fliers can also seamlessly integrate their own electronic devices into the cabin by simply bringing them on the plane and plugging them in. There are also Blu-ray players with high-definition inputs, including HDMI and USB ports.
Honeywell Products on the Legacy 450
- The HTF7500E turbofan engine delivers an optimal balance of performance and value with low maintenance costs and high reliability for today’s business jet operators. In addition to making the Legacy 450 the fastest mid-light jet in the air, operators are able to take off and land on shorter runways, making more airports around the world accessible.
- The 36-150EMB APU supplies pneumatic and electric power for the aircraft while on the ground and in flight. The APU has 10 percent more flow and pressure than previous models for faster, cooler starting of the main engine, which reduces the amount of maintenance and cost necessary to maintain the aircraft over time. It runs at a lower load point to reduce fuel burn and improve reliability.
- Ovation Select cabin management system puts lighting, seat, temperature and galley controls at the passengers’ fingertips while enabling passengers to stay informed and connected with their business operations while traveling. Aboard the Legacy 450, passengers have two 17.5-inch or 20-inch full HD displays in addition to 9-inch individual monitors for entertainment.
- The integrated environmental control system (ECS), which includes the air conditioning system, cabin pressure control system, supplemental cooling system and ventilation system, provides a more comfortable experience for passengers by minimizing changes in the cabin environment and reducing the workload for the crew. The Honeywell ECS is the highest efficiency, lowest weight solution in the industry, providing the Legacy 450 with reduced fuel consumption.
- Read more about Honeywell systems for Embraer executive jets
- Read more about Embraer executive jets
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace’s technology for business aviation
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace and on the Follow The Aero blog
- Like Honeywell Aerospace on Facebook
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
- Subscribe to Honeywell’s Corporate RSS feed
Honeywell Aerospace products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft, and its turbochargers are used by nearly every automaker and truck manufacturer around the world. The Aerospace business unit develops innovative solutions for more fuel-efficient automobiles and airplanes, more direct and on-time flights, safer flying and runway traffic, along with aircraft engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity services, logistics, and more. The business delivers safer, faster, and more efficient and comfortable transportation-related experiences worldwide. For more information, visit www.honeywell.com or follow us at @Honeywell_Aero and @Honeywell_Turbo.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.
Honeywell and the Honeywell logo are the exclusive properties of Honeywell, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other Honeywell product names, technology names, trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Copyright 2015 Honeywell.