Longitude to fly with HTF7700L, the turbofan engine of choice for virtually all super mid-size business jets
Honeywell Aerospace (NYSE: HON) will power the new Citation Longitude super mid-size business jet from Cessna Aircraft Company, a subsidiary of Textron Aviation Inc., a Textron Inc. (NYSE:TXT) company. Honeywell’s newly designed engine will provide Longitude operators with improved fuel efficiency and reliability while reducing emissions and noise.
The Honeywell HTF7700L turbofan engine is the latest in Honeywell’s HTF7000 series, which has become the engine of choice for virtually all super mid-size business jets. Having now surpassed 2.4 million flight hours, the 7000 family boasts class-leading reliability and low maintenance costs for an optimal balance of performance and value.In addition to the engine, Honeywell will supply Cessnawith its 36-150 Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) and advanced cockpit technologies to help increase safety for pilots, passengers and flight support services.
The HTF7700L’s periodic inspections and standard maintenance are easily performed on-wing with new and easy-to-use standard hand tools, reducing costly aircraft downtime. The engine is also designed to be environmentally friendly, exceeding allstandardsof the International Civil Aviation Organization’s Committee on Aviation Environmental Protection.
“Honeywell engines and auxiliary power units have been powering business aviation for more than four decades. We are leaders in efficiency, reliability and performance — and the HTF7700L is no exception,” said Brian Sill, president, Business and General Aviation, Honeywell Aerospace.
“Our new engine is perfect for Cessna’s new super mid-size business jet, providing the perfect blend of power and efficiency for this burgeoning class of aircraft while enabling a comfortable ride for passengers.”
Honeywell’s Mechanical, Navigation and Communication Equipment
In addition to the Honeywell engine, the new Citation Longitude aircraft will include the following Honeywell offerings:
- The 36-150 APU provides electric power for ground operations such air conditioning, main engine ignition, compressed air and other functions, and can provide backup power in flight. The 36-150 APU is more compact and significantly lighter than other APUs in its class. It eliminates dependence on ground power and also provides substantial fuel savings by reducing the load on main engines. Ithasprovedtodeliver excellent cabin heating and cooling throughout a range of temperature extremes.
- LASEREF VI, Honeywell’s latest generation inertial navigation system, is offered as an option on the Citation Longitude. It is designed to simplify pilot workload while dramatically reducing installation time, weight, size, power and cost. The LASEREF VI provides 100 percent availability for Required Navigation Procedures for increased safety and efficiency.
- Honeywell’s Primus HF-1050 radio provides improved frequency strength and communication over longer distances compared with current options. The Primus HF-1050 is essential for keeping pilots in communication with ground crews and air traffic controllers in support of long-range travel missions.
- Honeywell’s Cabin Pressure Control and Monitoring System (CPCMS) offers more precise cabin pressure control than previous systems. The CPCMS controller is an all-electric unit that interfaces with the integrated avionics computer to fully automate cabin pressure control with no need for flight crew action during normal operation. Its state-of-the-art digital design and proven technology provide fast response times to maximize passenger comfort.
- Honeywell’s Environmental Control System provides proper pressurization, thermal and moisture control. The Citation Longitude features Honeywell’s most advanced mid-size environment control system, which is specially designed to meet the cabin air-conditioning and pressurization needs of the business aircraft marketplace and provide superior cabin comfort in even the most demanding environments.
- Honeywell Global Data Center (GDC) provides comprehensive flight support services to help operators fly more efficiently, with access to Federal Aviation Administration-certified aircraft dispatchers, weather planners and commercial pilots to assist crews in all phases of flight. Access to flight planning is available via telephone, the Internet, datalink communications and the convenient MyGDC mobile app.The Citation Longitude aircraft will come with a one-year subscription to Honeywell GDC.
Honeywell is showcasing its complete line of business aviation offerings at NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition, Nov. 17−19, 2015, in Las Vegas in booth C7807.
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace on the Follow The Aero blog
- Learn more about Honeywell products for business aviation
- Like Honeywell Aerospace on Facebook
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
- Subscribe to Honeywell’s Corporate RSS feed
Honeywell Aerospace products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft, and its turbochargers are used by nearly every automaker and truck manufacturer around the world. The Aerospace business unit develops innovative solutions for more fuel-efficient automobiles and airplanes, more direct and on-time flights, safer flying and runway traffic, along with aircraft engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity services, logistics, and more. The business delivers safer, faster, and more efficient and comfortable transportation-related experiences worldwide. For more information, visit www.honeywell.com or follow us at @Honeywell_Aero and @Honeywell_Turbo.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com. Honeywell and the Honeywell logo are the exclusive properties of Honeywell, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other Honeywell product names, technology names, trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Copyright 2015 Honeywell.