Image courtesy of Dassault Aviation
Building on its long-standing relationship with Dassault, Honeywell Aerospace (NYSE: HON) is supplying its advanced Primus® Epic cockpit technologies to Dassault’s newly unveiled Falcon 5X. Primus Epic’s latest enhanced features have been customized for Dassault’s EASy III cockpit. The new plane combines safety, performance and new capabilities while achieving the lowest fuel consumption in its category.
“Dassault wanted to create one of the most advanced and comfortable business jets available without compromising fuel economy, and Honeywell was at the center of that with our advanced, digital cockpit technologies,” said Brian Sill, president, Business and General Aviation, Honeywell Aerospace.
“We’ve been developing breakthrough technology with Dassault for more than a decade, and today’s unveiling of the Falcon 5X builds on that proud legacy.”
Advancing Cockpit Technology
Honeywell and Dassault developed the EASy III cockpit with the future in mind, giving pilots and operators advanced communication, vision and awareness features that simplify their job in the cockpit.
For the Falcon 5X EASy III cockpit, Honeywell is providing the latest Primus Epic features including:
- SmartView® Synthetic Vision System: SmartView significantly improves the flight crew’s view outside the plane. It provides a large, 3-D color synthetic image of the outside world when pilots can’t see due to weather or other conditions, enhancing safety and efficiency.
- Next Generation Flight Management System (NGFMS): This system has been completely redesigned to prepare for future navigation and safety requirements.Pilots can examine fuel burn predictions on multiple flight plans and easily switch to the optimum route. The NGFMS most notably will support the time- and fuel-saving approach procedures known as Required Navigation Performance Authorization Required, which allows a plane to fly a specific path to the runway while avoiding obstacles such as mountains.
- Graphical Datalink: This feature enables pilots to manage air traffic control communications with a point-and-click cursor rather than traditional text-based tabbing and typing.
- IntuVue® RDR-4000 Weather Radar: IntuVue enhances safety with automated 3-D scanning, allowing pilots to make safer and more informed route decisions sooner and avoid hazardous weather.
- SmartTraffic® TPA-100C TCAS: SmartTraffic is designed to incorporate Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast In for enhanced display of surrounding traffic in the air and on the ground.
- Integrated Navigation (INAV): Honeywell’s INAV merges navigation and sensor data onto a single multilayer, high-resolution display so the pilot can efficiently monitor traffic, weather, terrain and geographic location without constantly switching views.
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace and on the Follow The Aero blog
- Like Honeywell Aerospace on Facebook
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
- Subscribe to Honeywell’s Corporate RSS feed
Honeywell Aerospace products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft, and its turbochargers are used by nearly every automaker and truck manufacturer around the world. The Aerospace business unit develops innovative solutions for more fuel-efficient automobiles and airplanes, more direct and on-time flights, safer flying and runway traffic, along with aircraft engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity services, logistics, and more. The business delivers safer, faster, and more efficient and comfortable transportation-related experiences worldwide. For more information, visit www.honeywell.com or follow us at @Honeywell_Aero and @Honeywell_Turbo.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.
Honeywell and the Honeywell logo are the exclusive properties of Honeywell, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other Honeywell product names, technology names, trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Copyright 2015 Honeywell.